Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   One bug disappeared, a new one came! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=351049)

clausiii 02-12-2014 10:54 PM

One bug disappeared, a new one came!

Hi!

I always had problems with closing sessions, because when i did that, PT 11.1.2 quit. Nearly everytime!

Since two days this issue is gone! I did nothing (except using it)!

Good news, but now everytime i launch PT for the first time after booting the computer, PT initializes all plugins sooooo slooooooowly, just like it's the first time booting PT at all!

Any ideas?

JFreak 02-12-2014 11:44 PM

Re: One bug disappeared, a new one came!

I suspect you have installed some plugin that causes these troubles.

So first move all your 3rd party (non-Avid) plugins to the unused folder and see if it still keeps quitting you. If not, you have found the cause. Then keep adding 3rd party plugs back few at the time (not too many, about 3-6 plugs perhaps) and once your system begins quitting again then remove those last additions and add them back ONE at the time. Once the quitting starts again, you have found your bogus plug. Then report to the plugin vendor.

JFreak 02-12-2014 11:46 PM

BTW,

I'm using:

MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 1TB SSD
ProTools 11.1.2 HD
OSX 10.9.1

...and I don't see the problems you're facing. So it mustn't be OSX/PT version. Wouldn't like to think it's the interface (mine is HDN TB --> Apogee Rosetta800) so most likely it is some plugin not behaving nicely.

clausiii 02-13-2014 05:41 AM

The problem that disappeared (quit after closing session) came after the update from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2. with nothing else installed.
The problem disappeared after installing Massey AAX plugins (they are magic :-) !!!)

My current problem (slow initializing plugins while PT starts, every time) came after the installation of Massey plugins.

I used only the built in sound device in that case.
Maybe this one disappeares also all of the sudden...

clausiii 02-13-2014 10:47 PM

As i write this, the bug is gone...

bradch00 02-14-2014 10:17 AM

I saw the same thing with both PT 10.x and PT 11 after running the Massey plug-in wizard. PT rescanned all my plug-ins (which causes takes a few tries with PT10 due to memory consumption) PT came up quickly. Then I bought another plug-in from Massey and went through the process again... but all is good now. I'm assuming the wizard does something similar to trashing the prefs (those that involve plug-ins anyway) that causes this to happen.

Southsidemusic 02-14-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradch00 (Post 2132317)
I saw the same thing with both PT 10.x and PT 11 after running the Massey plug-in wizard. PT rescanned all my plug-ins (which causes takes a few tries with PT10 due to memory consumption) PT came up quickly. Then I bought another plug-in from Massey and went through the process again... but all is good now. I'm assuming the wizard does something similar to trashing the prefs (those that involve plug-ins anyway) that causes this to happen.

Hey

Same here. The Massey "Gnome" looking dude trashed the PLIST as it was in the trash can and that is the list that trashing preferences deletes aswell and makes PT rescan the entire plugin list but all is good in the hood here :p

After that one rescan PT starts up like ligtning again

L O V E them Massey plugins !!!

Best Regards and Happy Valentines Day Friends
Christopher