Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Windows Key stuck down (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=237062)

matt connolly 01-19-2009 05:34 PM

Windows Key stuck down

I'm forever getting the Windows Key "stuck down" in Pro Tools.

It's not a keyboard problem (have tried others) and the isn't stuck down in other applications. ie: when i press it, the start menu appears every time.

But every click in Pro Tools edit window is a scrub as if I have it held down.

Using PT 7.1LEcs10 Win XP sp3
-Matt

stevedresser83 01-20-2009 06:35 PM

Re: Windows Key stuck down

Hey man sorry I don't have the solution but it seems like I have a similar problem. I have the quick key button highlighted in protools to do the different shortcuts and sometimes for no reason I can figure out "r" stops working as zoom out and opens up windows "run" command under the start menu. Another button which I can't figure out opens up my documents. It's like the windows key is turned on but I can't figure out how to turn it off or why it started. Rebooting is my only solution as of now.

matt connolly 01-20-2009 07:21 PM

Yeah... I find that too - must be related to the same thing. Pressing "F" does a windows search instead of a Pro Tools fade.

I uninstalled the driver software for my keyboard, and it's "better" but is still does it.

And once it's stuck, the only way I can get it off is to quit PT and relaunch => PAINFUL!

mano111 01-21-2009 12:04 AM

I use to have it a while back but its gone now. What I'd do as a "workaround" is randomly hit the win+ctrl+alt key a few times. I dicovered this worked better if you get angry ;)
On Mac there is a similar error where keys get unusable. You need to click anywhere on the desktop then go back to PT and its fine. Maybe try thaty too...
What version of PT are you running?

EDIT: seen it 7.1 cs10. I had this on early 7.4 but its gone since about cs3.

matt connolly 01-29-2009 07:01 PM

I just upgraded to Pro Tools 8 LE and am glad to report that this problem is gone.

markabaus 01-29-2009 07:23 PM

For me most of the time it is the stuck alt key, but I have all of the above as well. And hitting the keys isn't working on my home system. I end up having to restart pro tools which is a royal pain. How about some input from digi on this one.

balters 04-01-2009 05:18 PM

I'm having the same problem on my pc w/ pt hd 7....i'm not sure which key it is...but i have a problem highlighting stuff...

Shan 04-01-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt connolly (Post 1338599)
I'm forever getting the Windows Key "stuck down" in Pro Tools.

It's not a keyboard problem (have tried others) and the isn't stuck down in other applications. ie: when i press it, the start menu appears every time.

But every click in Pro Tools edit window is a scrub as if I have it held down.

Using PT 7.1LEcs10 Win XP sp3
-Matt

Hitting the Win key multiple times when this occurs usually "unsticks" it.

Shane

alexruimy 02-27-2010 03:28 PM

same problem here but with the alt key. sometimes a restart of the program doesn't fix it. eleven rack, windows 7 and le 8.0.3. any word on a fix?

broken81 10-30-2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexruimy (Post 1563246)
same problem here but with the alt key. sometimes a restart of the program doesn't fix it. eleven rack, windows 7 and le 8.0.3. any word on a fix?

Yea my alt key gets stuck as well and just talked to another engineer with the exact same problem. I thought it was my keyboard but was weired a restart fixes it. Just sucks i have to restart protools like 5x a day because of this.