Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Trying to use Mbox Mini (III Gen) with PT 10.3.2 on my MacBook Pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330380)

jjtarnow 11-03-2012 04:31 PM

Trying to use Mbox Mini (III Gen) with PT 10.3.2 on my MacBook Pro

I am trying to use my Mbox 3rd Gen Mini with PT 10.3.2 on my MacBook Pro using Mac OS10.8.2. I can't get PT see the Mini (i.e. - Doesn't seem to see the Mini input). I see the Mini as an option in the hardware section but can't get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks very much..

JJ

lancemcv 11-05-2012 07:38 AM

Re: Trying to use Mbox Mini (III Gen) with PT 10.3.2 on my MacBook Pro

I guess you have the most recent diver installed? Hold down the n key when launching pro tools and select the mini. You may need to reset your I/O settings to their default settings.

jjtarnow 11-05-2012 07:50 PM

I tried that and got:

"The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48kHz"

and then,

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_10.3.2/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1351

..any other thoughts would be great.

JJ

lancemcv 11-06-2012 07:56 AM

Does the MBox show up in the macs sound prefs? If not I would do a full uninstall re install of the driver then pro tools.

Jeff ONeil 11-06-2012 11:10 AM

I'm certainly no expert...and I'm going thru the exact same problem right now.

But I did notice that when you click on the Avid Mini Mbox icon in system preferences the sample rate can be changed for the device. Maybe that's part of the problem???

legalassassinzent 12-14-2012 07:53 AM

did u ever get that problem resolved because i had a similar problem like that that i resolved

Jeff ONeil 12-14-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

did u ever get that problem resolved because i had a similar problem like that that i resolved
I gave up on the Mini 3 and went back to the Mbox with version 9 drivers and it works just fine now.

I haven't tried the mbox 3 again but would be interested in hearing how you got around the problems.

Jeff

Marvin the android 06-28-2013 04:29 AM

Hi, I am having exactly that issue right now & its very very exasperating..
Can anyone tell me how to fix this.. I am getting the same assertion error on startup ..... ending in "line 1351"..
*I have uninstalled & reinstalled PT to no avail.
*I have tried resetting the defaults in IO setup. It tells me "the interface cannot support 44.1"
* I can see the Mbox in my system prefs.
* I have installed the latest drivers for the mbox mini 2.. BUT I HAVE A FEELING THIS MAY BE THE PROBLEM.. can i uninstall & reinstall the correct driver? which one is it?
* I dont know how to fix this..

HELP..

Macbook pro 13" 2.53ghz (firewire 800)
OS 10.8.3
MBOX mini 2nd gen
Pro Tools 10.3.5
RAM 4gig
firewire glyph 800 external drive (OS extended) used for recording and playback.