Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How do I get rid of startup popup requests? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=113462)

mr_dude 08-15-2004 07:33 AM

How do I get rid of startup popup requests?

Whenever I start up ProTools, I get the following requests:

Authorize/Quit:
- VocAlign Project LE
- DVToolkit
- DigiTranslator

These were demos that came with my rack002 system that I tried, but do not want at this time. Each time I start up ProTools I have to select "Quit" for each of these. It's not that big of a deal, but it does bug me. Any suggestions on how to get ride of these?

Any help is much appreciated.

2224 08-15-2004 09:49 AM

Re: How do I get rid of startup popup requests?

Quote:

Whenever I start up ProTools, I get the following requests:

Authorize/Quit:
- VocAlign Project LE
- DVToolkit
- DigiTranslator

These were demos that came with my rack002 system that I tried, but do not want at this time. Each time I start up ProTools I have to select "Quit" for each of these. It's not that big of a deal, but it does bug me. Any suggestions on how to get ride of these?

Any help is much appreciated.

boot drive then library then application support then digidesign then plugins then remove the offending plugins.
simple.

mr_dude 08-15-2004 01:11 PM

I'll try that. Thanks.

byteme 08-15-2004 02:41 PM

this will not get rid of digitranslator or dv-toolkit. I don't know how, but if someone does please share.

A2D D2A 08-15-2004 07:40 PM

You have to re-install PT, there was a warning that shipped with 6.1 and higher that explained this.

Quote:

Before Installing the DV Toolkit Demo Please Note:
Contrary to information included with the DV Toolkit PDF electronic guide, the DV Toolkit Demo will replace Pro Tools LE 6.1. At the end of 30 days, DV Toolkit demo users will need to either:
1. Purchase and authorize DV Toolkit (an iLok USB authorization key is required).
2. Uninstall the demo and re-install Pro Tools LE 6.1. Please keep your Pro Tools LE 6.1 CD-ROM handy for this purpose.
From available selections, please choose "Repair."

Avid 08-15-2004 09:11 PM

That's true on 6.1-6.2.3, but not with 6.4.
From the DV Toolkit Guide version 6.4:
Quote:

Removing DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE

If you let a demo version of a DV Toolkit component expire, you should remove it from your system. Otherwise, each time you open Pro Tools you will be prompted with a message that the component has expired.

Pro Tools LE 6.4

To remove DV Toolkit on Macintosh:

1 - Open the Pro Tools folder on your Startup drive (Library/Application/Digidesign/ Pro Tools).

2 - Drag the files for DV Toolkit and DigiTranslator to the Trash:
• TimeCode.dll (Pro Tools for DV Toolkit)
• OMF.dll (DigiTranslator)

3 - Open the Plug-Ins folder on your Startup drive
(Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-
Ins).

4 - Drag the Broadband Noise Reduction LE (DINR LE) plug-in to the Trash.

5 - Drag the VocALignEX plug-in to the Trash.

6 - Empty the Trash.

Pro Tools LE 6.2.x and Lower (Macintosh Only)

Removing DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE 6.2.x and lower on Macintosh also removes the Pro Tools LE application. To reinstall Pro Tools LE 6.2.x on Macintosh, reinstall Pro Tools from the Pro Tools Installer CD-ROM.

(additional details in manual)

Guerrilla Tech 08-16-2004 02:21 AM

look here thread

mr_dude 08-17-2004 05:05 PM

Excellent, that worked! Thanks.