Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 03-17-2004 10:22 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hey Chris(IntelDoc)...
Well, the Eventide really makes a difference in the overall mix. It's presence is obvious...fine piece of equipment indeed...
One thing you might consider here...After listening to this new one WITH vox and Eventide, I listened to the older one with NoVox again. To me, the guitars sound much better in the NoVox version. They are more present without being overbearing, and they don't have an 'over-compressed' sound to them. So if you can combine the best of both worlds, it will kill.
Having said that, I know you're still in the 'rough' stages of this anyway, but I just wanted to mention what I'm hearing.
But man!...that Eventide is so fine. It should really make a huge difference in your already great mixes. Post the mixes as they progress...this is interesting.
thanks, Roy

Oh, and I'll just email you with my web info.

rogerhavoc 03-17-2004 11:54 AM

Hey Guys,

It’s been a long time without posting, but life has been a little rough to me lately. I literally had no time to do anything. Also I had to fly to Brazil to solve some personal matters… But now, I’m BACK. I’m working on some new tracks, including a Mandolin piece that Roy Howell sent me a long time ago… Sorry Roy, but now I will put my effort to finish this up. Hope everyone its ok and I will catch up with you guys pretty soon…

Roy, I just would like to let you know that everyone in Brazil loved your guitar tone in Anger Management . They were really impressed with you playing. I will do my best on MANDO and hopefully I will be sending you some rough mix to check your opinion.

Also I was working in a piece for a upcoming video game. Check it out !

You guys have a great day,

Peace

IntelDoc 03-17-2004 12:40 PM

"POOF" And then he is gone! See ya Roger

-Doc

rogerhavoc 03-17-2004 12:47 PM

"POOF" and I AM back...
Good to see that you still hanging in there DOC!!!!

PEACE

FREE MP3

IntelDoc 03-17-2004 01:27 PM

Always my friend! Cannot get rid of me...

Seriously man, this place rocks! All the guys are killer, and GALS ( NIKKI - ) and she is definitely KILLER! but everyone here has always been a help, why leave?

Just been busy trying to take over the world!

-Doc

rogerhavoc 03-17-2004 01:51 PM

Agreed

All of you guys and GALS (Nikki ) Rocks.... Keep up the good work!!!!

PEACE

FREE MP3

nightshadecrisis 03-17-2004 02:42 PM

stut, cool song, very creepy, i like the Pink Floyd meets the Beatles meets the Damned kind of feel(check out the Damned's Grimly Fiendish). i'm interested in what effects you put on the vocals...
thanks!
evan

Roy Howell 03-17-2004 09:37 PM

Rogerhavoc-
Quote:

I’m working on some new tracks, including a Mandolin piece that Roy Howell sent me a long time ago… Sorry Roy, but now I will put my effort to finish this up. Hope everyone its ok and I will catch up with you guys pretty soon…

Roy, I just would like to let you know that everyone in Brazil loved your guitar tone in Anger Management . They were really impressed with you playing. I will do my best on MANDO and hopefully I will be sending you some rough mix to check your opinion.

Also I was working in a piece for a upcoming video game. Check it out !

You guys have a great day,

Peace

Alright, Rogerio...good to hear from you. I like the guitar solo you added in the middle of 'Anger'... The video game piece 'Danger Ahead' is great, as I would expect from you.
Let me know when you get something on the mandolin thing...
thanks, Roy

gYs 03-18-2004 02:32 AM

Hello all! I thought I'd post something of my own here as well!

I post this song because this is a project of my own and a friend of mine. We had some jam sessions together and wrote this song. He plays guitar, bass and he sings. I play drums and I engineered, mixed and mastered the song. It was just a test to see how we would sound! We both are absolutely no professional musicians, but whatever!

I have to say it is much harder to make a good recording when you also have to make decisions about the song itself (how it sounds musically, what to do and what not to do) and also have to play drums. But anyway, I would like to know what you guys think of it so far!!

Stay Away

Any feedback is welcome!

KroNEe 03-18-2004 06:24 AM

Quote:

just catching up on some listening...

Krone, I like the singing on 'fadeaway.' Nice soundgarden vibe. I like the intro, with the low key vox. Very cool sounding.

Just catching up here myself this is a fast moving thread with alot of quality posts. Thanks for the feed back, here is a remix of my original post for a song named Savior