Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   midi sustain pedal messages bug (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=179248)

dmuckala 10-11-2006 04:38 PM

midi sustain pedal messages bug

is anyone else having sustain pedal message problems when recording midi? Particularly with piano sounds, noticing it today with rewire.
Pt 7.1 cs9

dmuckala 10-11-2006 07:46 PM

Re: midi sustain pedal messages bug

anyone? It's an intermittent problem, every once in a while notes just cut off. I've actually noticed it with all instruments, RTAS and other.
Not sure about external midi though. Happens primarily when playing it in, but also gets recorded.

ronwasserman 10-11-2006 11:12 PM

No problem here. Did extensive piano midi stuff today. Not a single sustain glitch.

Yamaha cp33 controller with the Yamaha sustain pedial. Using USB for midi.

dmuckala 10-11-2006 11:28 PM

thanks ron. went in and disable and filtered all ports and midi that weren't my controller. we'll see if that does the trick.

dmuckala 10-12-2006 10:06 PM

i've now talked to 2 other users here in nashville who have seen this problem. Is nobody on this forum using protools for midi???? I find this hard to believe.

JGuth 10-13-2006 08:50 AM

Are you sure it's a sustain pedal problem? Have you looked at the controller window to see? I've had an intermittant problem w Ivory where notes cut off when held even just from the keyboard on input. It seems to be not streaming from disk perhaps and only playing the part of the note in ram-just my guess. Anyway, reloading the session usually clears this.

Steve@ZooWest 10-14-2006 08:58 AM

I have had intermittent sustain pedal issues of this nature. It usually happens when I'm using a few instances of EWQLSO platinum - which uses a lot of juice and quarrels with PT. It acts as though the sustain pedal has a bad connection, although that is not the case. My piano is Ivory - I'm not home at the moment, so can't tell you the version. It's not frequent enough to be much of a bother.

I'm 6.9 on a Dual 1.8 Mac, 10.3.7.

mixer 10-14-2006 09:39 AM

have the same problem...posted before about it..especially when punching in on midi tracks.

dmuckala 10-14-2006 10:07 PM

'bad connection' is a GREAT description of the problem. What's going on? This renders midi completely useless, especially when you're trying to cut a piano track. How are people getting work done? Are there just a few with this problem?

mixer 10-15-2006 06:27 AM

i have found myself re-drawing sustain control automation..especially on punched piano tracks..really a pain..have had the problem since 7.0..i am using all digi products midi ios..i really wish they would look at this..and now there are not just a few..i work at 3 other studios ...the only one that doesn't have this problem is an old mix system. the others all 7.0 hd or higher show this bug..