Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   iLok PACE error message (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414829)

paul_g 04-03-2021 12:04 PM

iLok PACE error message

As of last night I started getting these messages:

Error, missing PACE authorization for "Pro Tools". Please re-insert your iLok or re-connect to your cloud session in the next 5 minutes or you must save and quit.

I changed nothing, did nothing... All I had was an open session, left to go out to dinner, came back and that was the message waiting for me.

This morning I fired up a session and got the same message. I followed this KB: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ols&popup=true

And my license is active and on-line and valid until 12/21...

Why would this have staretd all of a sudden last night? Internet issues?

paul_g 04-03-2021 12:08 PM

Re: iLok PACE error message

Now I'm getting a pop-up telling me I have to activate my license?? I've been using it for 6 months?

Popup says - "Restore your iLok Cloud Session, The most recent uso of this software as authorized by a lices on the iLok Cloud for iLock account "my account name", if you need to activate or purchase a license lcick the activate button..."..

Why is this happening? I have changed nothing and it's been running fine since december 2020...

Only thing I did was last week upgrade to PT 2021 and Big Sur.

Darryl Ramm 04-03-2021 12:10 PM

If you want reliability use an iLok.

cooper2019 04-03-2021 12:14 PM

Same here. This has happened to me several times in the recent past. I believe that the issue lies with iLok's servers.

paul_g 04-03-2021 12:15 PM

Re: iLok PACE error message -HELP!!!!

I am now dead in the water... PT will not open at all...

mspin 04-03-2021 12:16 PM

I am getting the same message. I also have a physical ILok in my Mac. Any ideas? On ILOK account it is saying old cloud session is being closed and a new one is being opened and the licenses are being chosen. This may take some time. I have 44 licenses. Why is this happening now? Everything was fine. Are the ILOK servers having issues? Dead in water...

RacketUp 04-03-2021 12:34 PM

Same error here. Mid Premix for a dub Tuesday. sigh. Forget cloud - am now attempting to transfer onto my ilok - and its saying "server error" and won't transfer the licenses. PACE sh***ing the bed again. Not PT related, even non PT lic's stuck.
Dead in the water swell.. sigh.

paul_g 04-03-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacketUp (Post 2598508)
Same error here. Mid Premix for a dub Tuesday. sigh. Forget cloud - am now attempting to transfer onto my ilok - and its saying "server error" and won't transfer the licenses. PACE sh***ing the bed again.
Sigh.

Good to see I'm not the only one! And yes, having a USB iLok is great, I have an iLok1, which isn't compatible... Seeing how we're in 2021, I figure iLok has redundancy across their data centers and didn't see the need of having a local USB iLok. So that suggestion doesn't help those of us who are currently dead in the water..

Well, at least I'm not the only one... I guess that's comforting to some degree.

paul_g 04-03-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspin (Post 2598507)
I am getting the same message. I also have a physical ILok in my Mac. Any ideas? On ILOK account it is saying old cloud session is being closed and a new one is being opened and the licenses are being chosen. This may take some time. I have 44 licenses. Why is this happening now? Everything was fine. Are the ILOK servers having issues? Dead in water...

Yup, same here, says opening the iLok Cloud session, and it can take some time... Reaching about 80% then it chokes and dies.

Third Eye Studios 04-03-2021 12:41 PM

I use physical iloks, but had this same thing happen to me recently. Had to re-sync the iloks in ilok license manager.