Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Antares Auto Tune (7.7.3) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349689)

pasanta 01-15-2014 10:40 AM

Antares Auto Tune (7.7.3)

Am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that AT 7.3.3 will not let you edit or work on the graph while the transport is in motion? I've gotten pretty good at drawing and nudging as it plays. But now they've disabled that ability. And no......I'm not talking about auto-scroll........the new version will not let you edit the graph if the session is in play. You have to stop.......this is confirmed by Antares. And while they seem to think it's good for stability, I'm afraid it's a huge work killer for me. :mad:

albee1952 01-15-2014 10:56 AM

Re: Antares Auto Tune (7.7.3)

Time to look at Waves Tune or Melodyne:o

guitardom 01-15-2014 11:45 AM

Autotune 7 is not working properly in graphic mode period right now. It is not keeping time properly on playback. They were aware within a day or 2 of its release back in October. Have yet to get a fix.

pasanta 01-15-2014 12:43 PM

Working properly or not.......I sent them an email asking about some issues. One of them was the fact that I couldn't draw a line with the line tool, or even move anything while the sessions was playing. I honestly expected it to be a preference.....or even a bug. But they responded with

"This is the expected behavior in 7.7.3

This change was made as it dramatically increase the stability of the plug-in."

All the stability in the world doesn't matter if you change the plug till it no longer works like you want/need to work.

guitardom 01-15-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasanta (Post 2121693)
Working properly or not.......I sent them an email asking about some issues. One of them was the fact that I couldn't draw a line with the line tool, or even move anything while the sessions was playing. I honestly expected it to be a preference.....or even a bug. But they responded with

"This is the expected behavior in 7.7.3

This change was made as it dramatically increase the stability of the plug-in."

All the stability in the world doesn't matter if you change the plug till it no longer works like you want/need to work.

I am just trying to figure out how you even have it working enough to even be useful!!! Its so far out of time on playback for most people, its useless!

pasanta 01-15-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2121700)
I am just trying to figure out how you even have it working enough to even be useful!!! Its so far out of time on playback for most people, its useless!

Honestly......I don't know if it's in time or out. I started to work with it, couldn't draw a line until I stopped the transport, couldn't find a way to make that work and went to Melodyne to get finished. After the message from Antares that this is now how it works, I haven't loaded it again. And most likely won't. First, after Evo, they changed it till the track button disengaged at every playback stop. THAT was a big deal to me since I could not waste time and load the graph while I did other things as the session played rather than sit and wait on it specifically to load. NOW, I have to stop the graph and transport to just edit something? Adios.......

TOM@METRO 01-15-2014 04:26 PM

Agreed,
I use Autotune for a quick touch up for demos in auto mode, but for anything serious, it's Waves Tune or Melodyne.

pasanta 01-15-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2121771)
Agreed,
I use Autotune for a quick touch up for demos in auto mode, but for anything serious, it's Waves Tune or Melodyne.

The bad thing about Auto Tune is it's inabilty to sound good in Auto mode. The one good thing about Auto Tune was being able to quickly grab things in the graph when speed was essential. Waves and Melodyne are just too slow but I suppose now they're on par. By the time I stop and start all the time in Auto Tune, yeh......I might as well use something else that sounds good. They just killed the one thing it excelled at.

RyanC 01-17-2014 06:34 AM

I'm very disappointed in antares for taking this long to get it working and for not having AT live at all. It runs in metaplugin etc but that's not really a great workflow...and AT7 in 11 is disaster. Makes me wonder if investors have bought out the company and fired all the real programmers or something.

If Avid have been holding off on including their own Elastic Pitch out of a sense of loyalty, I think they can go ahead and do it now.

chrisdee 01-17-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasanta (Post 2121785)
The bad thing about Auto Tune is it's inabilty to sound good in Auto mode.

I find it depends on the material. I can't get it to work well with vibrato, but with minimal vibrato i think it sound pretty good. Also pulling back the retune knob helps avoiding the T-Pain effect in auto mode.