Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   mcdsp Analog channel vs analog channel LE (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=160452)

psus15 02-13-2006 06:51 AM

mcdsp Analog channel vs analog channel LE

Just looking for opinions on which one to purchase.....got my bonus check, and I've been looking at the analog channel for a LONG time....but I see the LE version is 200 cheaper, and is just missing the AC1 section.....

Thoughts? Is there anyone out here who uses the LE version?

Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.

GregJ 02-13-2006 07:22 AM

Re: mcdsp Analog channel vs analog channel LE

I have the full version, and I have looked at the LE feature list.
Thinking back...if I had the chance to choose which one to buy all over again,
I would STILL buy the FULL VERSION. I have had it for a few months now, and I am just now starting to really get a feel for how they both work together.

Without the added flexibility of the full version, I would not have the best idea of what I want in the sound it offers. Anyone else who has the full version would probably tell you not to save a couple of $$ on this one and go for it.

My understanding too is that the LE version requires PT 7.0. I am still using 6.4 which the full version is still supported to work with (for now....)

Demo it, and hear for yourself.

Hope this helps,

GregJ

vocalvoodoo 02-13-2006 08:10 AM

The LE version is SEVERLY lacking. In addition to only having the AC2, it's a very crippled version of the AC2. You have very basic control in LE. You can't adjust the bump, bias, and a few other controls. It's well worth spening the extra money for the full version IMO. I personally use the AC1 section much more that the AC2 section of the plug-in. Additionally, Analog Channel LE has about a third of the features the full plugin has. As suggested, I would try the demos. Maybe the LE version will be enough for your taste.

gonzo99 02-13-2006 08:37 AM

Ditto

The LE version is not worth it. You end up paying just under half the price for something which is 1/4 the of the plugin. Definitely check out the demos, you will understand what we mean. IMHO, if you can afford the full plugin you will be much happier in the long run.

HTH

psus15 02-13-2006 09:30 AM

Thanks for the advice....

Most of what you (all) wrote was what I figured to be true....LE - a bit lacking on the features.....

I've actually heard/seen the full version in action, and I was impressed...I figured before I downloaded the LE trial, I'd give the DUC a shot for some opinions...

FYI - Full version was just ordered, and will be at my house mid week. Thanks guys.

dmm 02-13-2006 11:45 AM

The LE version is lacking features and no it doesn't have remotely the amount of control as AC2 but it is still awesome!

To say that this plug-in is useless is utter bull-crap.

This little plug-in is great on kick, snare, toms, bass, and it kicks ass on guitars. It still allows you you to drive the input and get a killer tape saturation sound.

For the cost of it it would be a crime not to use this thing for mixing in Pro Tools.