Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Blue Connector Allows Routing between apps or DAWs or networked computers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418661)

DonaldM 01-20-2022 07:39 PM

Blue Connector Allows Routing between apps or DAWs or networked computers

Blue Cat Audio has released their new Connector plugin

Quote:

Have you ever dreamt to overcome the limitations of your favorite DAW and draw virtual audio and MIDI cables between any places that accept plug-ins?
Have you ever been frustrated not to be able to create feedback loops with plug-ins?
What about connecting multiple applications together, on different computers?
The wait is over! Blue Cat's Connector lets you do all of this, and more! It can stream audio and MIDI data in real time, between any locations that accepts plug-ins: one or several applications, on one or several machines connected to a network.
And only $39 US. Not bad.

its2loud 01-20-2022 08:43 PM

Re: Blue Connector Allows Routing between apps or DAWs or networked computers

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2626021)
Blue Cat Audio has released their new Connector plugin

And only $39 US. Not bad.

I tried it today. Couldn’t get it to connect. Also, I wish it had a standalone app it could connect to and not just a plugin.

audiolex1 01-20-2022 09:55 PM

I imagine there will be some bugs but it looks promising.

39 bucks, I picked it up.

bluecataudio 01-20-2022 11:42 PM

Thanks for mentioning our new plug-in!

Connection should be pretty straightforward... Have you made sure that audio is going thru the plug-in on both sides?

The goal of the plug-in is to help making connections (either within an app or between apps), that's why it is not available as an application. If you are looking for an app to host plug-ins and send/receive audio & MIDI to/from it, we already have PatchWork for this purpose.

its2loud 01-21-2022 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecataudio (Post 2626032)
Thanks for mentioning our new plug-in!

Connection should be pretty straightforward... Have you made sure that audio is going thru the plug-in on both sides?

The goal of the plug-in is to help making connections (either within an app or between apps), that's why it is not available as an application. If you are looking for an app to host plug-ins and send/receive audio & MIDI to/from it, we already have PatchWork for this purpose.

Thanks. Yes, audio is going into the plug in Pro Tools. Meters are bouncing. Trying to connect PT to GarageBand hosting an AU plug. Same machine Local Send to Local Receive. Port 8080 and several other ports. No connection.
Mac M1 11.4.

bluecataudio 01-21-2022 08:01 AM

That's strange. Does the sender see the receiver at all, or both are in [CONNECTING] or [NOT CONNECTED] state?

Benoni 01-21-2022 08:24 AM

Interesting. $39 is reasonable if it does what it says.

Will be interesting to compare this to Loopback built in to my audio interface (Windows), Loopback (the app), Blackhole, GroundControl Room and GroundControl Caster for Mac.

The ability to connect multiple application on DIFFERENT COMPUTERS sounds really cool.

I'll be testing it out for sure to see if I can integrate it into OBS for live streams.

bluecataudio 01-21-2022 08:35 AM

It definitely works with OBS, it's great to be able to pick up the signal from anywhere in Pro Tools for live streams or video recording!

Benoni 01-21-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecataudio (Post 2626066)
It definitely works with OBS, it's great to be able to pick up the signal from anywhere in Pro Tools for live streams or video recording!

That will be epic!

DonaldM 01-21-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecataudio (Post 2626066)

How does the MIDI routing work on it. Its not shown in the video. Can you give an example of how that might be set up? I just want to understand how that might be used. Thanks.