Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Session saved on a volume set to Transfer only? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=268006)

alexanem 02-25-2010 03:58 PM

Session saved on a volume set to Transfer only?

Hi everyone,

I am currently unable to open any of my Pro Tools sessions. I can launch the program, but when I attempt to open any session, or start a new one, I get the following message:

"This session is saved on a volume set to 'Transfer' only. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to 'P' (Playback) or 'R' (record) in the Workspace."

When I open the Workspace and try to change this "volume" setting on my harddrive from T (Transfer) to P (Playback), I get a message that:

"OS' cannot be designated as an Audio Playback volume because it is not a valid audio volume."

Am I not changing this volume setting in the right place? Does anyone have any suggestions one what I might do to be able to open my sessions again?

Thank you for your help,

Alex

Craig F 02-25-2010 07:32 PM

Re: Session saved on a volume set to Transfer only?

do you have Read & Wright permissions to the drive?

cmcmahon 03-02-2010 08:12 PM

Having the same challenge and yes, we have read-write permissions on the drive.
Any ideas??

DNDBEATZ 05-05-2010 04:49 AM

Had the same problem... This fixed it.. u do exactly what it says... just got to know where to look

Fix: Cancel out of the dialog and, from the Window menu in pro tools, select Workspace. This brings up a window that lists the available volumes (hard drives, etc.). Look at the "A" column associated with the suspect volume. It probably shows up as "T" (for transfer). Click on the "T" and, from the little pop-up menu, select "R" (for record).

paul_g 03-27-2021 10:10 AM

OMG, this thread saved me from having a heart attack. I realize the thread is old, but I just had this Transfer / Copy error. No idea how this value got changed... was working, stepped away and tried to reload my product after installing some plug-ins.

Total panic, then I found this thread. The fix worked like a champ, even on PT 2021... Why does PT allow these values to get changed???

albee1952 03-31-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_g (Post 2597719)
OMG, this thread saved me from having a heart attack. I realize the thread is old, but I just had this Transfer / Copy error. No idea how this value got changed... was working, stepped away and tried to reload my product after installing some plug-ins.

Total panic, then I found this thread. The fix worked like a champ, even on PT 2021... Why does PT allow these values to get changed???

More likely that its OSX making the change. I've never had this happen on any Windows setup in 17 years of PT:o

dhmusicprods 07-17-2023 03:22 PM

Thank you very much!

I got the same issue