Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   anyone using vdrums to map midi (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=169272)

billymc 06-01-2006 02:00 PM

anyone using vdrums to map midi

hi i'm using a roland td-7 to try and create drum tracks that i can play back through bfd. is there anyone using them that could give me some pointers. the midi notes hardly ever fall into the right spot on the grid. it is a total disaster. i have mbox 1 and an edirol usb midi device.
thanks, bill

x9blade 06-01-2006 06:42 PM

Re: anyone using vdrums to map midi

hello, i use a td 20 all the time and have no problems with notes falling in the right places.are you maybe having a latency issue? what buffer setting are you using when you track midi?which digi hardware are you using?

RolandK 06-01-2006 06:50 PM

I used to have a Yamaha e-drum kit and had different presets that mapped the pads to a synth and a software drum kit. I forgot exactly how to do it, but it should be in your v-drum owners manual.

x9blade 06-01-2006 07:26 PM

oh are you talking about assigning midi note numbers?

billymc 06-01-2006 09:37 PM

i have the buffer on the max setting 1024. and the dae at 8. i am playing the sounds back with bfd, which i have the proper map installed. the midi notes are being recorded live to a click. there is so much latency that i have to use the roland sounds while playing real time while mapping the notes. during play back many notes are missing or in way off time than when played, the others are on time. is it because the td 7 is too old, or is my midi device [bleep]. it is an edirol um2-ex. i guess basically it is not mapping the number of hits i am hearing in the same time.
any help would be appreciated.

spkguitar 06-02-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

i have the buffer on the max setting 1024. and the dae at 8.

When tracking, the H/W buffer should be set to it's lowest possible setting on your system. The DAE Buffer should not be changed from it's default of 2.

Set your DAE buffer back to 2, and set the H/W buffer as low as it will go and try again.

neeel 06-02-2006 05:26 AM

this should help you re the drum maps

drum maps bfd

billymc 06-02-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

oh are you talking about assigning midi note numbers?

no just recording the notes properly. i have the notes assigned as they should be in bfd.

billymc 06-02-2006 09:57 AM

i'll try what you are saying with the buffer and dae. what does the dae buffer do anyway.