Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   D-Command with 2022.10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422539)

Skwaidu 11-23-2022 05:22 AM

D-Command with 2022.10

Any users here?

I have it working on Ultimate, but it drops occasionally, maybe 1-2 times a day, but not every day. I'm not sure if it's starting to have glitches due to not being supported anymore or if I have trouble brewing in the network switch that is in the Ethernet chain between the machine and the D-Command.

Windows 11 21H2.

Will Russell 11-24-2022 06:57 AM

Re: D-Command with 2022.10

The power supplies in these units, especially the old blue ones are pretty old and might need to be replaced. I had a problem with my Xmon going off-line randomly, and the problem is solved by replacing the power supply

Skwaidu 11-25-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Russell (Post 2654056)
The power supplies in these units, especially the old blue ones are pretty old and might need to be replaced. I had a problem with my Xmon going off-line randomly, and the problem is solved by replacing the power supply

Okay, damn. But the symptom was just that the connection dropped? My unit still stays on, just loses PT connection. Also, PT crashes if I try to disable Icon, but switching to Eucon and then back works (so does seem like a PT bug to me).

FWIW I'm on the grey ES one, 24 faders.

Will Russell 11-25-2022 10:29 AM

My. XMON would mute itself and stop passing audio intermittently..the unit would remain powered on.

Impending D-Command power supply failures often show up as intermittent behavior rather than just not powering up.

If you are simply losing connection with PT I would try troubleshooting the Ethernet connection first in hopes of a cheaper fix…

These folks have been very helpful with troubleshooting advise and also have lots of parts for D-Commands like power supplies, faders, LEDs etc
https://advancedmusical.com/

Skwaidu 11-26-2022 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Russell (Post 2654150)
My. XMON would mute itself and stop passing audio intermittently..the unit would remain powered on.

Impending D-Command power supply failures often show up as intermittent behavior rather than just not powering up.

If you are simply losing connection with PT I would try troubleshooting the Ethernet connection first in hopes of a cheaper fix…

These folks have been very helpful with troubleshooting advise and also have lots of parts for D-Commands like power supplies, faders, LEDs etc
https://advancedmusical.com/

Okay, thanks. Yes, need to double-check the ethernet although it should be good, new cabling and switch which all worked great for a year.

FWIW I don't use XMon anymore, went MTRX Studio already, I guess the D-Command will go to be replaced with some S1's at some point as well.

Led 11-26-2022 02:11 PM

Mine's working fine with 2022.10 on win10. Maybe try bypassing the switch and connect direct to see if it's a problem there?

Sugarnutz 02-08-2023 11:33 PM

2022.10 Ultimate, Win 10 Pro, no issues with my D-Command. My motherboard has Intel Gb controllers which was a condition I required, two of ‘em. One is hooked to the building network, the other to the D-Command. If needed get an Intel PCIe ethernet adapter, I imagine the Realtek is fine for local networking but the D-Command is a more specialized usage and I want “Bulletproof” so I use Intel. I’ve been building PCs going on 40 years, a couple of simple rules I have learned are to use reputable, long lived brands and when picking video cards for a build use the same manufacturer as the motherboard. I have way fewer problems this way. YMMV!

Skwaidu 10-09-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarnutz (Post 2661359)
2022.10 Ultimate, Win 10 Pro, no issues with my D-Command. My motherboard has Intel Gb controllers which was a condition I required, two of ‘em. One is hooked to the building network, the other to the D-Command. If needed get an Intel PCIe ethernet adapter, I imagine the Realtek is fine for local networking but the D-Command is a more specialized usage and I want “Bulletproof” so I use Intel. I’ve been building PCs going on 40 years, a couple of simple rules I have learned are to use reputable, long lived brands and when picking video cards for a build use the same manufacturer as the motherboard. I have way fewer problems this way. YMMV!

Thanks for the reply. It just started happening more frequently again. It is definitely weird, I can go for weeks without issues, then they appear, and often several times a day it happens.

(Re: the video card suggestion, I don't think there's any logic to that though, as GPU drivers are anyway either by Nvidia, AMD or Intel...)