Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MacBook won't recognize mbox2 mini. No light on and drivers installed! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=307780)

Afwfjustin 09-18-2011 09:33 PM

MacBook won't recognize mbox2 mini. No light on and drivers installed!

As stated, my MacBook won't recognize my mbox2 mini. I plug in the USB and the mbox won't even light up. I have a late 2008 aluminum unibody MacBook with 2.0 intel dual core.

- mbox lights up and works with my windows laptop.
- USB cable works with mbox on my windows laptop and works with my midi keyboard on my MacBook.
- I installed the digidesign coreaudio manager and PACE drivers.
- system preferences > sound = shows no mbox.
- system preferences > other = shows mbox but when I open it says "unable to connect to Mbox 2."
- I don't have Protools installed (lost my serial number) nor am I using it on either laptop.
- I want to use the mbox with Reason 6 (when it's out)/Ableton/Audacity

Summary:
Mbox and usb cable work on my windows laptop. MacBook won't recognize or even make the LED light come on on the mbox, even with drivers installed properly.

What the hell do I do?

Thanks

de_flon 09-18-2011 09:43 PM

Re: MacBook won't recognize mbox2 mini. No light on and drivers installed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afwfjustin (Post 1836306)
Mbox and cable work on windows laptop. MacBook won't recognize or even make the LED light come on on the mbox, even with drivers installed properly.

Hi

First of, which MacBook do you got? It should be powered when connected even without the drivers installed.

FIY I must have the charger in when I'm using the mbox2mini with my MacBook air. Tried restarting the Mac with the mbox plugged in? Tried to switch it to another USB port?

Remi

de_flon 09-18-2011 09:52 PM

And yes of course! I don't think you can use the mbox with any other daw! You can rewire reason as a slave into pro tools.

Afwfjustin 09-18-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by de_flon (Post 1836307)
Hi

First of, which MacBook do you got? It should be powered when connected even without the drivers installed.

FIY I must have the charger in when I'm using the mbox2mini with my MacBook air. Tried restarting the Mac with the mbox plugged in? Tried to switch it to another USB port?

Remi

Sorry I tried to be as specific as I could in original post. It's a late 2008 intel 2.0 dual core MacBook. It doesn't say MacBook pro but it looks identical to them and is the aluminum unibody and has the entire trackpad as a single clicking button and has all the gestures and whatnot. Sorry that's best description I can give I don't knowing about apple as I just bought this. I'm running the lion OS.

My mbox2 mini doesn't have a charger- just a USB. If you meant the laptop itself, i do habe it plugged in! It works fine on my windows laptop even without Protools. The cable works and the mbox works. I've tried restarting several times and tried all USB ports (which all work). The Mbox won't even light up with the MacBook.

This is driving me crazy I have all these songs done in reason and I need to record live instruments/voice and I got this Mac so I wouldn't have to use my ancient pc laptop anymore. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Afwfjustin 09-18-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by de_flon (Post 1836309)
And yes of course! I don't think you can use the mbox with any other daw! You can rewire reason as a slave into pro tools.

A lot of people are using it with Logic and I think it should work in audacity too.

Afwfjustin 09-18-2011 10:13 PM

And now reason won't open after restarting twice. The loading window comes up and the color wheel just spins. and Ableton just sits there bouncing up and down in the bottom of screen menu. Ive been using these for a minth on this computer without a hitch and now they wont open all of a sufden. Audacity opens though.

This is driving me nuts.

de_flon 09-18-2011 11:41 PM

Hmm.

This is strange I can say. But what if you just install pro tools! See what happens. I recall that you don't need to enter the serial for pro tools when installing. I think you have to enter it when launching pro tools.

This can be a lot of different issues so just try the basic stuff first.

:)

Remi

Afwfjustin 09-18-2011 11:59 PM

I will give that a try. I'm getting freaked out because now Reason (my main audio program) will not open!

I will report back with what happens, even if it does work sothat future google searchers might be helped. Here goes nothing!

de_flon 09-19-2011 12:23 AM

Do so! Yes I understand your frustration. Why reason just stopped working is strange as well. Try deleting reason pref. Files in user/library folder. Just be sure to delete the correct files. Check propeller heads website for tutorials and walkthroughs.

Remi

MorganLoud 09-21-2011 03:46 PM

I Fixed it guys, had the same problem, seems as tho when people find the answer and they forget about everyone else trying to fix the problem and don't respond.

My Mbox2 Micro wasn't being found on my mac, LED wasnt on, so i tried my MBOX PRO2, same thing, no lights..
These both worked on my windows..

anywho, installed all new drivers, nothing..

But then found i installed Pro tools 8.0..
so i figured, ill upgrade to 8.05... and prestoooooo

onc installed Lights came on and it all works fine

**** DOWNLOAD PROTOOLS UPDATES ****