Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   No PT Amnesty for new HD purchases (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310394)

roberts 10-27-2011 01:53 PM

No PT Amnesty for new HD purchases

Had to get another HD 2 systems to maintain compatibility with other systems and plug-ins HDX is not available until Dec - I am sorry but I need to work TODAY

NO MORE HD PT 10 AMNESTY UPGRADES _ THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!:mad:

AVID - **** You and the horse you rode in on!
We are done done done with you! As soon as I can I am recommending our entire facility drop everything named Avid.

P A M 10-27-2011 01:59 PM

Re: No PT Amnesty for new HD purchases

how did you come to the conclusion, you always get latest version when you buy a new HD system.

roberts 10-27-2011 03:00 PM

twenty years of buying ProTools hardware entitle you to the latest version - NO MORE.:rolleyes:

I won't be making it 21 Digidesign customer since 1988 Bye Bye :mad:

derFunkenstein 10-27-2011 03:19 PM

A truly bizarre thread. You'll get PT10 with HDX, and you should get a free crossgrade to 10 if you got an HD2 system with 9. That's what the amnesty program is for.

roberts 10-27-2011 03:53 PM

Had to buy an another HD 2 system I have a deadline NO HDX until December!
Plus 3rd Plug-in compatibility When not December. NO TC plug-ins No Amp Farm No Echo farm
Plus I Need to compatible with my other rooms!
It pretty simple HDX is NO GO for me but I want the new PT features I guess I have to pony up another $1000 !!! WTF! it's not fair as we got a system last week and got PT 10 for free I needed another system and now a slap in the face. I am tapped out after buying 2 rigs!:mad:

FilterDecay 10-27-2011 03:56 PM

so you bought a new hd2 rig from a dealer after this announcement and you can't upgrade to hd10?

roberts 10-27-2011 08:00 PM

Yep dealer told me to register it ( Which I did) the amnesty email was supposed to be automatic. Just like the system we bought last week got a PT 10 amnesty u/g email.
I called Avid NO MORE HD 10 AMNESTY UPGRADES AFTER OCT 23!!!

danander11 10-27-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberts (Post 1854947)
Yep dealer told me to register it ( Which I did) the amnesty email was supposed to be automatic. Just like the system we bought last week got a PT 10 amnesty u/g email.
I called Avid NO MORE HD 10 AMNESTY UPGRADES AFTER OCT 23!!!

I hope that's not the case.. My Native card won't be here until Monday or Tuesday.

roberts 10-27-2011 08:09 PM

Native user get a Free PT upgrade HD TDM new owners do not!!!

WTF!!!!!

nst7 10-27-2011 09:30 PM

If your Sweetwater rep said you get it, then they should make it happen, even if Avid won't.

These upgrades are automated. It could be that you're in limbo somewhere because since HDX was announced, it could be that in Avid's system the TDM systems are discontinued, so it's not doing the automatic upgrade.