Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

fredmant 01-14-2014 04:01 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Did anyone else notice the amp in the "apology" website is a new one???

http://apps.avid.com/eleven-rack/?el...q_cid=10804956

Made you look! :D
But seriously, I'm wondering if there is going to be a 3.0 update!

kelco83 01-14-2014 04:12 PM

I'll definitely upgrade pro tools now, but maybe I should wait for 12 since half the year is already over. :p

christophersad 01-14-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi (Post 2121260)
Yes, of course, we will post an update to this thread and also send an announcement when the software is posted. (We wouldn't want to see you get carpal tunnel from checking the website in anticipation!)

Glad to hear you're excited about this as we are. And I'm happy to confirm that Eleven Rack is definitely not discontinued. Announcement of this Editor app should be proof of that too. Long live Eleven Rack!

Tony

tony,u know that telling this u made a sort of promise to us? :D

Vercingetorix 01-14-2014 05:14 PM

So I guess I'll have to drag myself out of the dark ages and finally upgrade my operating system :o.

And then we'll see about upgrading ProTools.....

Kyle Splittgerber 01-14-2014 06:06 PM

Hey Everybody,

My name is Kyle and I am a Product Designer at Avid. The Eleven Rack Editor team and I have been hard at work bringing you the much requested standalone functionality. And, we can't wait for you all to check it out. To echo what Tony said, apologies for the premature announcement. But don't fear! Our plan is to make it available to all you on January 23rd. Thanks for your patience.

Additionally, I will check out this thread on a regular basis and try to answer your questions. I'll start with the ones below.

Thanks,

Kyle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Shaak (Post 2121237)
2) Why do i have to register, you have all my silly crap i HOPE on a database somewhere.... :p

Hey Roland,

Those required fields are so we can have a better understanding of Eleven Rack owners' systems. You can think of it like a mini-survey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciscokid (Post 2121252)
So I wait for 3 years and they finally release it and it's not compatible with my 32bit XP machine.

I'm really pleased for all the other folks who will be able to run it as some have waited even longer than me.

Would it really have been that hard to release it on all the platforms?

Thanks Avid you guys are the best.

Hey Ciscokid,

Eleven Rack Editor is based on Pro Tools 11 architecture, so like Pro Tools 11 it will only work with 64-bit operating systems. We made that decision largely to ensure future compatibility with the latest Windows and Mac operating systems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRSWILL (Post 2121288)
How about a stand alone editor for those of us running PT 10 on OSX 10.6.8???

Hey PRSWILL,

See response above. Wish we could have supported pre-10.8 OS, but it wasn't really an option for us architecturally.

YYR123 01-14-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredmant (Post 2121338)
But seriously, I'm wondering if there is going to be a 3.0 update!

Really ? I think we should count our blessing for right now - and it's free !!!

YYR123 01-14-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelco83 (Post 2121339)
I'll definitely upgrade pro tools now, but maybe I should wait for 12 since half the year is already over. :p

Probably not a bad idea :D

YYR123 01-14-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 2121347)
So I guess I'll have to drag myself out of the dark ages and finally upgrade my operating system :o .....

You know I really like win7 it's the XP you've always wanted

Kevin Vaught 01-14-2014 06:43 PM

Hi Kyle,

I haven't received the email but I am an Avid account holder and ER owner. Am I still eligible for the free editor??

Also what firmware version will be required??

Thanks for info.

derker 01-14-2014 07:25 PM

Bummer about 10.6.8. Won't be of much use to me at the moment but no loss I guess. Thanks!