Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Digidesign Hardware & Software (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   some of my vocal audio tracks not playing back...help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=9716)

superdood 03-22-2003 11:08 AM

some of my vocal audio tracks not playing back...help

Hi, I just loaded one of my sessions that was basically mixed to liking already. I click play and all the music is there, but most of the vocal tracks are not playing back.
I looked in edit screen and the waveforms are there and the automation appears to be working right in terms of volume and mutes. The green level meters on these tracks are not showing any signal at all. I'm fairly new to pt, but this is the first time I've run across this problem.
Again, when I last saved it, everything played back fine with all the tracks working.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Steve

superdood 03-22-2003 01:36 PM

Re: some of my vocal audio tracks not playing back...help

anyone??????

bassmac 03-22-2003 02:30 PM

Turn the automation off and see what happens. Check the tracks output routing too.

superdood 03-22-2003 03:43 PM

Hi, no change with automation off and the outs are just routed to the stereo buss so I'm still stumped. In edit windo the waveforms are showing where they should be. I just can't figure out why no sound.
thx,
Steve

tkae 03-22-2003 08:02 PM

Disable and enable any plugs you may have assigned to those tracks....Like Bomb factory for one!

PTUser NYC 03-22-2003 09:05 PM

Check your voice assignments too. Sometimes when you reload a session, tracks get different voice assignemtns then they originally had (especially if you moved them after you loaded last time, and then saved.

If two tracks are sharing a voice, that could cause the issue you describe.

smcoptyltd 03-23-2003 06:45 PM

Some cracked plugins may do that!

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

stevebmiles 03-24-2003 02:11 AM

I've also experienced this, and I'm suprised others haven't addressed this already. The track is there just how you left it, no changes, yet no playback. Kind of dumb but here's the solution that works: create another audio track and copy everything from the first track to it, waveforms, plug-ins, and assignments. This doesn't explain why it happens, but it does keep you working. It seems to occur randomly, maybe once or twice a year, working quite alot. Steve

stevebmiles 03-24-2003 02:18 AM

I've also experienced this, and I'm suprised others haven't addressed this already. The track is there just how you left it, no changes, yet no playback. Kind of dumb but here's the solution that works: create another audio track and copy everything from the first track to it, waveforms, plug-ins, and assignments. This doesn't explain why it happens, but it does keep you working. It seems to occur randomly, maybe once or twice a year, working quite alot. Also I wanted to add, this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's vocal tracks, that just happened to be. Steve

plevi1 10-04-2021 01:49 PM

This is happening to me. 2 tracks out of 6 produce no sound. No plugs on the tracks. Meters work, the other tracks work. I made a new track and moved my file there. No dice. Checked qll paths, automation I rebooted the computer, Ran Disk Utility in Recovery mode. Files work in Quicktime but not in PT. Ran an anti virus software. I have tried everything but the thing that works.. Thanks for any suggestion.

Macbook pro, Catalina, Protools 12 3.2020 , UA Apollo Duo...