Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

YYR123 02-04-2014 06:03 AM

Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

No you should go to the source and find out what happened to it

Hopefully you can get it back on the source (ie it wasn't recorded like that) and you just re EQ and compress and put it back in the mix

ShortWarning 02-04-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2128895)
No you should go to the source and find out what happened to it

Hopefully you can get it back on the source (ie it wasn't recorded like that) and you just re EQ and compress and put it back in the mix

Guitars were recorded through a pod.
Bass through a Sansamp.
Drums were superior drummer.

So technically it should be fairly perfect already (if that's what you mean by source?).

I haven't done too much eq subtraction in the mix. Boosted some of the mids by about 2db in the master fader along with some harmonic exciter using ozone but that's about it.

I appreciate all the feedback so far.

YYR123 02-04-2014 07:05 AM

By source I mean the audio file ie your track not the 2 Chanel mix

YYR123 02-04-2014 07:13 AM

Short warning

I just listen to your track I really like it I would like a little bit more bass frequency (just a personal preference) and personally I really like the sound of the mix ( the guitar voice relationship) @ 1:10 and then as well @ 1:50 that's the perfect sound for me with the guitar/voice relation.

To me the 1st verse the guitars are fighting the voice too much. Listen at 1:10 section and the 1:50 section they have a better relation.

Sounds good

SpinningDisk 02-04-2014 08:39 AM

If I was to treat my room. Would I put Absorption or Reflectors in corners for Bass? I'll pull my speakers off wall a little. Everything is Sheetrock except for bed and floor rug.
Thanks everyone.

📀🎶

YYR123 02-04-2014 08:48 AM

Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

Don't forget side reflections and the back of the room - right behind your listening station off the back wall (head level)

Look at nice studios and you can see some ideas w/o having to pay a company to come do it for you

Rode used to have a video about a guy doing the monitor placement along with reflection calculations on the net - I'm sure it's on YouTube still but I haven't looked in awhile

SpinningDisk 02-04-2014 08:50 AM

Sounds good YYR123. I'll see if I can find it.
📀

DMB13KOS 02-04-2014 10:18 AM

New Middle Eastern track

I just finished a traditional 3 part Cabaret dance routine, Egyptian style:

https://soundcloud.com/kreweofsound/cairo-cabaret

RegenerationMix 02-04-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmotman (Post 2112059)
A couple of new guitar showcase grooves:

Shuffle

and

Funk

I'm thinking the mixes might be a little TOO three dimensional? If anyone can be arsed to listen to them I'd really appreciate some feedback :-)

the shuffle one, the leads are covered up by all the backing tracks.

the funk one, the rhythm guitar is up too much, too right and distracting from the lead. I would only have that when there was no lead.

just my opinion.

Chris

DonaldM 02-05-2014 09:34 AM

One of My First Mixes

About 2 years ago I did this mix/mash-up for a young lady over in the UK. This was one of the first full mixes I had ever done and was still on a steep learning curve with Pro Tools and VI's and all the rest. Rebecca (the singer) was 16 at the time she recorded this and she did the vocals on the mic you see in the video in her bedroom using Garage Band. So all I had to work with was MP3 files from her. The mash up was completely her idea! She sent me individual tracks for the various parts and then I completely arranged everything. I started with a MIDI track of Dynamite I found online somewhere and about 1/3 of the parts are off of that. But the rest is stuff I added or rearranged off the original midi tracks. There's a lot I'd do differently now, but still...gotta start somewhere. Tell me what you think!

You can see the video Rebecca did here.