Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mbox 2 on Windows 8? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409190)

Michaelll 03-31-2020 06:37 PM

Mbox 2 on Windows 8?

I originally bought the Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 so that I could use Pro Tools. When tried to use it I couldn't because even though the box advertised I was told I couldn't use it. I thought it would be ok because Ableton came with it. To shorten things up. Software that comes with the interface is no longer quality in my case.
I bought the M-box when it first came out and was going to use it on my computer but will not be able to use it because of my newer computers operating system.
I want to know if I can buy m-box 2 and use it on my computer(Windows 8), if possible I want to know where I can get it and what the company policies are. I would not want to buy another "useless" interface because for me it takes me a year to learn a software program. Is there any place to buy it. It seems all places like Ebay that sell it have an opened package.
Thank you!

JFreak 03-31-2020 10:57 PM

Re: Yes or No

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you be more exact in how you cannot use your Focusrite interface with PT because many people have success with that same box...

Please check the Help Us Help You page linked to the forum header.

Top Jimmy 04-01-2020 02:30 AM

Yes or No

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelll (Post 2559246)
I originally bought the Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 so that I could use Pro Tools. When tried to use it I couldn't because even though the box advertised I was told I couldn't use it. I thought it would be ok because Ableton came with it. To shorten things up. Software that comes with the interface is no longer quality in my case.

I bought the M-box when it first came out and was going to use it on my computer but will not be able to use it because of my newer computers operating system.

I want to know if I can buy m-box 2 and use it on my computer(Windows 8), if possible I want to know where I can get it and what the company policies are. I would not want to buy another "useless" interface because for me it takes me a year to learn a software program. Is there any place to buy it. It seems all places like Ebay that sell it have an opened package.

Thank you!

I'd suggest you buy a current generation interface rather than buying another older out of production and no longer supported box. You went from an original 2i2 to an Mbox and now you're asking about an Mbox 2. All of those are long discontinued, unsupported and the available drivers are no longer getting updated.

Buy a current generation interface and you'll get years of support, OS compatibility and driver updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoelG 04-01-2020 08:46 AM

The 2i2 will work just fine with Pro Tools - I have one as my mobile interface.

Download the latest drivers here:https://customer.focusrite.com/en/support/downloads

It is helpful to post your system specs so we know what you're using, also what specific error are you getting?

Joel

The Weed 04-01-2020 11:29 AM

Also very important: What version of Pro Tools are you trying to use?

albee1952 04-06-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weed (Post 2559432)
Also very important: What version of Pro Tools are you trying to use?

This is crucial^^^^. Pro Tools 8.x and older MUST have a Digidesign interface. The Mbox 2 should work fine and should also work on Windows 8 up to Pro Tools 12(I have Mbox2 PRO running fine with PT12.4 on Windows 10). The Focusrite should work with Pro Tools 9 and newer.:o

JoelG 04-07-2020 03:48 PM

Re: Mbox 2 on Windows 8?

Unless it is M-Powered - then it would require a M-Audio interface..

Joel

SKI 04-16-2020 09:50 PM

Re: Mbox 2 on Windows 8?

Why mess with Pro Tools At all?
You have the Focusrite interface just get a program to use with it.
That's your most logical path.