Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Mbox3 pro MacOs Monterey SIP suggested (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417779)

Madsvigeholm 11-12-2021 03:11 PM

Mbox3 pro MacOs Monterey SIP suggested

Hi there! I have an older mbox3 pro which i abselutely love, but as you all know i cannot use it further than Catalina. I have an Imac which runs on Moterey and someone suggested me to disable the SIP. I'm no software wizard, so i would like to ask some of you guys in here what do you think? Could this be a solution or should i just live with the mbox being a lost audio interface? Thanx in advance

JFreak 11-12-2021 04:04 PM

Re: Mbox3 pro MacOs Monterey SIP suggested

Hi, welcome to the community.

I would consider it a doorstop, but you can of course try if you have luck

Ben Jenssen 11-12-2021 05:34 PM

I can't see what disabling SIP would do to help.
It's typically a thing you do to avoid the OS preventing an install of some sort. As in if you had trouble installing a new driver…

Madsvigeholm 11-15-2021 03:59 AM

Thanx.. I think I will let it retire then. I really think its a shame `cause it is a very nice interface. The SIP suggestion was something someone mentioned to me and to be fair I didn't even know something was called SIP so I better not begin to mess around with it :)... again thank you for helping me with this... RIP mbox pro :(

off the wall 11-15-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madsvigeholm (Post 2619212)
Hi there! I have an older mbox3 pro which i abselutely love, but as you all know i cannot use it further than Catalina. I have an Imac which runs on Moterey and someone suggested me to disable the SIP. I'm no software wizard, so i would like to ask some of you guys in here what do you think? Could this be a solution or should i just live with the mbox being a lost audio interface? Thanx in advance

I seriously doubt that disabling SIP (System Integrity Protection) is going to allow the mbox3 software to install. The issue there would be that the drivers are likely not 64bit compatible with Monterey.

Also if you never heard of SIP, you probably shouldn't be messing with turning it off. :)

Mertisrules 12-28-2021 09:25 AM

I do find it interesting that even in the latest edition of Pro Tools Reference Guide (Version 2021.10) it mentions Mbox, 003, etc. on like, 13 pages as if it's a thing... Supported Hardware Configurations with Pro Tools Software
Pro Tools software works seamlessly with non-HD Avid audio hardware (such as Mbox or Pro Tools | Carbon) as well as third-party Core Au- dio (Mac) and ASIO (Windows) audio interfaces. For the latest information on supported hardware configurations with Pro Tools software, visit www.avid.com/compatibility.