Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395392)

DonaldM 11-29-2017 04:36 PM

CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro

So apparently the Jan 2018 issue of Computer Music Magazine will feature AIR Vacuum Pro as their monthly free plugin. It also looks like they may be offering the expansion too.

Southsidemusic 11-29-2017 05:23 PM

Re: CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro

All these AIR freebees and $1 sales makes those of us (me atleast) look like a huge toolhat for paying 600-700 USD just a few years ago for PTIEP :rolleyes:

chrisdee 12-02-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2461951)
All these AIR freebees and $1 sales makes those of us (me atleast) look like a huge toolhat for paying 600-700 USD just a few years ago for PTIEP :rolleyes:

Agree.

Also the Air download and install process has been such a nightmare for me over the years.
Things like slow and broken downloads, install issues, crashes and limited download periods just made me finally give up.
All the Air stuff is gone from my system. Sorry but there are much better alternatives imo.

TOM@METRO 12-02-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 2462356)
Agree.

Beaids the Air download and install process has been such a nightmare for me over the years so all the Air stuff is gone from my system. Sorry but there are much better alternatives imo.

Same. The hassle hasn't been worth the result here.

ChazC 12-03-2017 01:49 PM

The only two AIR instruments I use now are Xpand!2 and Transfuser. They're a terrible company.

Xpand!2 is easily replaceable I just use it out of habit but I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can replace Transfuser with. It's been a main stay in my template since it was released and gets used a LOT - even with the horrendous bugs AIR acknowledged years ago and never fixed.

DonaldM 12-03-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazC (Post 2462432)
The only two AIR instruments I use now are Xpand!2 and Transfuser. They're a terrible company.

Xpand!2 is easily replaceable I just use it out of habit but I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can replace Transfuser with. It's been a main stay in my template since it was released and gets used a LOT - even with the horrendous bugs AIR acknowledged years ago and never fixed.

I honestly don't know of anything out there that does what Transfuser can do. Not when you consider all the features you find in Transfuser. Not sure what bugs you're referring to?

ChazC 12-04-2017 09:58 AM

The main bug which absolutely kills workflow (as in requires PT to be shut down to have even a 50/50 chance of getting past it) is the 'content cannot be found or is not authorized please ensure you have an iLok with the correct licence connected' on default Transfuser content.

A few years ago we got an official response along the lines of 'we are aware Transfuser can be unstable when used with other plugins' but no fix has ever materialised.

DonaldM 12-04-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazC (Post 2462543)
The main bug which absolutely kills workflow (as in requires PT to be shut down to have even a 50/50 chance of getting past it) is the 'content cannot be found or is not authorized please ensure you have an iLok with the correct licence connected' on default Transfuser content.

A few years ago we got an official response along the lines of 'we are aware Transfuser can be unstable when used with other plugins' but no fix has ever materialised.

I've been using Transfuser almost since it came out, and I've never seen this issue. I'm on Windows, though. Is this unique to Macs?

ChazC 12-04-2017 01:55 PM

No, Windows. As I say, they even acknowledged it as an issue but have done absolutely nothing to fix it.

It occurs under different circumstances, for me it's 100% reproducable when using Kontakt in the same session. Even after some email dialogue with AIR directly they just shrugged their shoulders and said "yes, it's a known issue with Transfuser 2" and closed the case. As I said, terrible company.

DonaldM 12-04-2017 02:58 PM

I don’t have Kontakt. But as I said, I’ve never had this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk