Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   TEMPLATE Problems (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=196096)

KJVMBird 04-26-2007 07:14 PM

TEMPLATE Problems

Maybe I'm not asking the question right about my template problems because no one has responded to my post a few days ago. I'm hoping I can ask it again and someone lead me to a source for more details.

What am I doing wrong? I create a Template in PTLE and save it. I then open up the template and "Import Audio" from my ALESIS HD24 recorder. When I pull the 21 tracks of audio in, I no longer have my template settings per channel. I was hoping to pull the audio in to each pre-set/configured channel without having to go through all the settings for each track.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jay

albee1952 04-26-2007 09:08 PM

Re: TEMPLATE Problems

are you using IMPORT AUDIO TO TRACK or IMPORT AUDIO TO REGIONS LIST? Use the second choice and then drag them onto your new tracks. Also, use your template session in a different way. First, create and save your template session. Do not open it again(except to modify it). Instead, create a new session for your new project, Once it is open, go to IMPORT SESSION DATA, select your template session and ALT-Click on a track and select ALL. This way, your audio will end up in the audio files folder for your new session instead of ending up in the audio folder of your template session(imagine that mistake after using the template session a few times).

spkguitar 04-26-2007 09:13 PM

Pro Tools doesn't work like that when importing to tracks. You can, however, import to the Regions list and then drag from the regions list to the tracks you have setup.

Also, I would like to recommend that you store your template in read only mode, create a new session for each import, and then use the "Import Session Data" feature. It will ensure that your audio files are stored in the right location after import, and allow you to keep reusing the template.

spkguitar 04-26-2007 09:14 PM

Damn... I'm slowing down...

KJVMBird 04-27-2007 09:23 PM

Wow, again you all show me just how little I know! Thanks so much. I will do as you say and pull it in the "right way".

Thanks so much.
Jay

KJVMBird 04-27-2007 09:26 PM

No, you're not slow, but I'm glad to see consistant advice! I can't tell you how valuable that is to see experience speak up as you two have and be right on!

Thanks so much for your direction. I will get right on it.

Jay

STSCRUSHER 04-29-2007 11:38 PM

Creating a template definately is the way to go! I love the "import session data" feature as well. I was brought on to mix an album and ran into problems when someone set the session up in 24/44.1 but locked it to an adat at 48k. I had to go back, create all new sessions and import the data applying the SRC...fixed it no prob. Sorry off subject.

Spkgtr.....Last time I did a template I went ahead and insert all my dynamics and created my subs, but bypassed all the plugs. I had no problem, saved a lot of time, and was a good starting point. Can this pose any problems? I figured as long as they were all bypassed I wouldn't run into any snags.

deanguidry 04-30-2007 11:39 AM

Instead of bypassing the plugins, deactivate them. You will save cpu usage when you record.

jackp 04-30-2007 07:54 PM

Hey spk guitar I got a template ? Here is my ? I create a new session with all the headphone mix,the way the players like it. Now I save as (bands name H/P mix), before I record any audio. Now do I create another new session, then import the H/p mix data to the new session every time the band does another song.Or do I have to set it up a new mix every time. Thanks jack

spkguitar 04-30-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

do I create another new session, then import the H/p mix data to the new session every time the band does another song.

Yes.