Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can someone please verify this...Midi crash (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=53255)

Imagine 03-20-2003 07:33 PM

Can someone please verify this...Midi crash

Open up a new session. Add a New Midi Track. Open the "Midi Event List" window. Under the Midi window, select Change Velocity, change the value in Subtract, then press Apply. Does your program "QUIT".

I need to know, so if someone has a minute, I'd apprecaite knowing I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks
Imagine

Ben Jenssen 03-21-2003 02:04 AM

Re: Can someone please verify this...Midi crash

The problem is you can’t click "apply" after entering a subtract value because you haven’t selected any midi notes! I tried - nothing happened.

Imagine 03-21-2003 02:31 AM

Hi Ben,

It happens when using the Add function as well.
If I highlight the midi notes in the Track window, everything's ok, but if I highlight the notes in the Midi Event Window, and use a function (Add/Subtract/whatever else is there, and press the Return key, or if you try to close the window (little Red dot on top of window) the program will automatically quit.

When I try to restart PT after that happens, I get this message: DAE was unable to communicate with the audio hardware. Please save your session and restart your computer (-6004). I have a 001.

Imagine

Imagine 03-21-2003 03:38 AM

Please remember, this only happens when I press on the "Return" key to Apply the function, or when I close the window (red dot). The program closes, and I'm back on my desktop. No "expectedly quit" messages!

I've tried getting rid of the Digidesign Databases, the Prefs, etc..., using DiskWarrior to rebuild the desktop, Norton to Defrag, and PRAMing the system.

Still no go.... I give up. I've been trying to figure this program out for 2 weeks, and I still can't get it working. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Ben Jenssen 03-21-2003 07:42 AM

The first thing I ask myself when I experience problems like this is: What has changed since I last used PT? Any new system extentions, new plugins, different system or PT setups, new hardware, newly installed applications and so on. Most of the times this is where I locate the problem.

Imagine 03-21-2003 11:55 AM

All I did was run Norton Utilities, but that shouldn't damge a function in a program, or should it!

Nothing new was added to my setup, or any other programs installed.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Imagine

Imagine 03-21-2003 10:21 PM

Bump

Chris Coleman 03-22-2003 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Imagine:
All I did was run Norton Utilities
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In '98, all I did was run Norton Utilities on my new (at the time) HFS+ formatted beige G3 desktop. All Norton Utilities did was destroy my G3.

DesertDude 03-22-2003 12:15 AM

With Apples OSX disk utlitiy there is no need for Norton.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Imagine 03-22-2003 12:16 AM

I also ran DiskWarrior without any success. I didn't know Norton could screw things up so badly.

If you have a moment, could you Open up a new session. Add a New Midi Track. Open the "Midi Event List" window. Select All. Under the Midi window, select Change Velocity, change the value in Add or Subtract, then press the Return key. Does your program "QUIT".

Thanks again