Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   "Select Assignments to" - Changed to show hidden tracks [PT-263050] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=410841)

Dizzi45Z 06-20-2020 02:37 PM

"Select Assignments to" - Changed to show hidden tracks [PT-263050]

So recently "Select Assignments to" has changed in a horrible way for me.

It used to be that whenever you wanted to select tracks with the same assignment, you could right click on an output or send and choose, "Select Assignments to..." and all of your tracks currently showing that had that assignment would select. This was perfect and didn't mess up your session with tracks you had hidden.

Now, when you do the same thing, it will unhide all of the tracks with the same assignment. This is so frustrating because I don't care about HIDDEN tracks with those assignments as they are often hidden because I am currently not using them or they are just there for archiving parts of the session.

Is this a new bug that has been introduced? or was there a decision made to change this behavior. If so, I really wish there was an option to have it ignore hidden tracks like it used to do.

cwsand 06-20-2020 11:38 PM

Re: "Select Assignments to" - Changed to show hidden tracks.

I never used this feature before, but it works on mine the way you described. The Reference Manual says "Show Assignments To - This option shows all tracks, including hidden tracks, that use a specific input, internal bus, output bus, or hardware insert. All other tracks remain shown as well." Wish there was a way to ignore hidden tracks.

Dizzi45Z 06-22-2020 11:11 PM

This change happened just recently with folder tracks. Everything works as expected on 2019.12, but ever since then, I think it has been different.

I believe the change happened because since folder tracks do not show the closed folder tracks in the tracks list, when you interrogate to select tracks that have certain parameters, it opens folders and unhides any tracks with those parameters. I don't mind that it opens the folders so you can see what is selected in the tracks list, but I HATE that it unhides all tracks that I have hidden that have those parameters. Especially ones that I have hidden and made inactive.

Astrojerry 07-03-2020 03:45 PM

Im glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It used to be the way I could quickly assign headphone sends to the tracks that need it but now it just unhides all of the previously hidden tracks making it a nightmare!

Have you found any way around it Dizzi45Z?

bartosz idzi 07-03-2020 03:59 PM

Why not file a support claim at Avid's support portal?

gonzolagonda 11-04-2020 04:11 AM

Any solution to this yet?

Dizzi45Z 11-04-2020 05:50 AM

This absolutely kills my workflow. I would rather not have folder tracks than have this broken. There are so many times in large sessions that I need to see routing to certain busses, etc and having this mess up my show and hide tracks in the session is absolutely frustrating and makes the feature absolutely worthless. The closest workaround I have is that I save a memory location with the show and hide tracks and then after making the inquiry, recall the memory. This still is a pain because if I am trying to change the routing, I have inactive tracks that are being affected.

EdgarRothermich 02-21-2021 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z (Post 2570474)
This change happened just recently with folder tracks. Everything works as expected on 2019.12, but ever since then, I think it has been different.

Correct. It worked fine in 2019.12
This is truly a terrible change, intentionally or just an oversight.

One solution is to have two select commands, with or without the Hidden Tracks. And also the other Restore command that is available in the Track List Menu
  • Select Assignments to ... (only Shown Tracks)
  • Select Assignments to ... (including Hidden Tracks)
  • Restore Previously Shown Tracks

Dizzi45Z 02-21-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich (Post 2594091)
Correct. It worked fine in 2019.12
This is truly a terrible change, intentionally or just an oversight.

One solution is to have two select commands, with or without the Hidden Tracks. And also the other Restore command that is available in the Track List Menu
  • Select Assignments to ... (only Shown Tracks)
  • Select Assignments to ... (including Hidden Tracks)
  • Restore Previously Shown Tracks

Great idea!!! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like enough people care for this issue to be addressed.

reflexson 02-21-2021 12:40 PM

Yeah this is unfortunate. When I can remember, I change the output path of a track I’m going to hide and make inactive to an unused bus. Really stinks.