Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Volume Automation not working on session ???? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=128478)

SuperReverb 02-06-2005 04:12 PM

Volume Automation not working on session ????

Strangest thing... mute automation, FX automation, Pan automation, all working.

in the "automation enable window" none are suspended, all are highlighted showing active, none of the "Read" selectors on the tracks are greyed out.

but when I select "Volume" v.s mute, blocks, all the other track view selections, "Volume" is grey and Italic. although volume automation is NOT suspended.

if i draw volume automation, the fader does not follow it, at all, I can manipulate the track volume with the fader on the track... but there it sits.

I've drawn lines from inf to +6db to test - the volume of the track is un-effected, in fact... usually, when there is volume automation on a track, you can't permanantly adjust the vol level for a track... once you "let go" it returns to the automation point, unless you have volume automation suspended.

I do NOT... It is not suspended, I've checked several times.

it is this session only, that tells me it's not a Preferences thing, all other sessions are reading volume automation fine.

this is PT LE 6.4 cs9 XP SP1 again, all other sessions are fine.

Just this session.

I'm currently having to automate a plugin output on these tracks for volume automation.

Importing these tracks, into other sessions as session data, the vol automation doesn't work on just those tracks, in the other session.

in the original session... if I create a New track... all vol automation works for NEW tracks created. but is still dead on the original tracks from the session.

I've never seen this before, and it's a frustrating one

any ideas ???

KingFish 02-06-2005 04:23 PM

Re: Volume Automation not working on session ????

Try CTRL+Clicking the word volume on the tracks that are italic'd

SuperReverb 02-06-2005 04:36 PM

I am really stupid.

an hour of my life I'll never get back

thank-you Kingfish

KingFish 02-07-2005 01:18 PM

To make you feel better.

last week in the studio, the guitar player on the session, sat in the back of the control room most of the day, working pretty intensely on his PowerBook.

late in the day, I asked.... "what are you working on" ?

he said, "Just organizing my files, I hate it when they all get dumped on top of one another"

He had about 3 - 400 photos, that were all crammed and scattered on top of one another, the way OS X will sometimes do.

One by one, he was dragging them off the pile, neatly organizing them in rows with the mouse.

I said... can I show you something ?

I went to "View --> Arrange ---> By Name" and he yelled

"OH MY GOD, I've probably spent a year of my life organizing files"

And pretty much spent the next 2 days laughing about it.

It's all good, every question that has an answer is not "stupid", it's just a question.