Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   New Inner Circle reward: Pick a Plugin from Plugin Alliance (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422121)

JingleDjango 10-19-2022 11:38 AM

New Inner Circle reward: Pick a Plugin from Plugin Alliance

Nice one. This is the first of these freebies I've bothered to redeem! No complaints at all.

I grabbed the SSL 9000 strip.

weezul 10-19-2022 12:21 PM

Re: New Inner Circle reward: Pick a Plugin from Plugin Alliance

Same. Grabbed the metricAB seeing as I have to move on from Insight 1 finally.

nednednerb 10-19-2022 12:45 PM

I had incredible difficulty. Said I already had an account. Would NOT send a password reset email. Said to make a new account.

That would fail, and then I'd get two password reset emails, neither of which would work because they were deemed invalid, expired.

I tried another email... By the time I was looking at the flashy flashy UIs, I had a feeling... "these guys aren't professional lol, I don't want this buggy stuff, OH yah! I uninstalled Brainworx a year ago cos it was out of date and needed to be put in unused plug-ins folder!"

I quickly closed the browser and forgot about it lol.

Eric Lambert 10-19-2022 12:54 PM

Looking to buy Big Al (which was on their list of available plugins) I applied the voucher at checkout for this Inner Circle reward but it only brought the price down to $99. I seem to recall PA having a lot of issues related to vouchers that won't apply properly but this is my first time.

Anyone else having issues getting the pricing correct?

weezul 10-19-2022 02:23 PM

I had no issues with pricing but I did have a strange thing with my account (which was new for this). I made the account and it said "you'll get an activation email". But I actually got a password reset email.:confused:

Reml@P 10-19-2022 02:30 PM

None of the plugins I've chosen (I've tried at least four now) drop the price to zero. Instead you get a message "this plugin is not eligible for dynamic discounts"

Contrast this with the claim on the inner circle AVID page "pick any plugin from a select list of over 130 plugins from Plugin Alliance, and it’s yours to keep"

Reml@P 10-19-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2650878)
Looking to buy Big Al (which was on their list of available plugins) I applied the voucher at checkout for this Inner Circle reward but it only brought the price down to $99. I seem to recall PA having a lot of issues related to vouchers that won't apply properly but this is my first time.

Anyone else having issues getting the pricing correct?

I was having the same issue (see my post above) but just figured it out. In typical AVID fashion, they haven't explained things properly.

Click on the "view info" link next to the Plugin Alliance pick a plugin section. You'll then see a serial code.
Copy and paste, and enter in the "use voucher" section of the checkout. Ignore the message "this plugin is not eligible for dynamic discounts"
The price will then drop to zero and you can claim your free plugin.

Not sure why they couldn't have explained this properly from the get go.

jeffro 10-19-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reml@P (Post 2650898)
...Click on the "view info" link next to the Plugin Alliance pick a plugin section. You'll then see a serial code.
Copy and paste, and enter in the "use voucher" section of the checkout. Ignore the message "this plugin is not eligible for dynamic discounts"
The price will then drop to zero and you can claim your free plugin...

Thanks for posting this. There's also a KB explaining this but the process itself should be improved so I have passed this feedback on.

dominicperry 10-19-2022 03:07 PM

I get two codes because I have two copies of Pro Tools, but PluginAlliance will only let me redeem one against my PA account. Which is a shame, mostly because I spent ages choosing the second one, and now I can’t have it. :(

Dominic

BScout 10-19-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominicperry (Post 2650902)
I get two codes because I have two copies of Pro Tools, but PluginAlliance will only let me redeem one against my PA account. Which is a shame, mostly because I spent ages choosing the second one, and now I can’t have it. :(

Dominic

have you tried in two different transactions?