Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Renewal and account question on Upgrade Plan (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384268)

ramonetl 09-17-2016 07:06 PM

Renewal and account question on Upgrade Plan

Hey all, I realized that I will need to update my credit card number for my PT12 subscription but Im going in circles. If I look at my account it tells me to go to my subscriptions page to update it. But there is nothing I can do there save renew expired support I dont want. My subscription is active until 10\31\16. Will there be an option at some point for this? I want it on auto renew and I dont want it to lapse so it doesnt go up if it expires. Anyone else see this and is it normal not to see anything?

Stig Eliassen 09-18-2016 02:07 AM

Re: Renewal and account question on updating subscription info.

I don't know how this works, but I'll send a message to the supermods. Stay tuned...

H-Musikk 09-18-2016 02:54 AM

I to had the same problem. In the end I just used the Renew option. In my Avid account (now) I have PT valid until september 2017 (i renewed with my new credit card) but still the message on the startup page says my card is not valid any more....

grayter1 09-18-2016 07:50 AM

I have the same issue - due to my bank account being compromised last month, I was issued a new CC. I went through the same circles trying to update my info. It's not very clear at all, and the process makes one think that their buying a completely new subscription.

Some clarity on this would be nice. My subscription isn't up until November, but I wouldn't want to be caught with my pants down.

tg

jeffro 09-21-2016 06:52 PM

I checked each of your accounts and you all have Upgrade Plans, not Subscriptions. There is no auto-renewal with an Upgrade Plan, but you can manually renew any time during your term (even up to 30 days past expiration).

Instructions for renewal can be found linked from the Licensing FAQ:

H-Musikk 09-22-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2382847)
I checked each of your accounts and you all have Upgrade Plans, not Subscriptions. There is no auto-renewal with an Upgrade Plan, but you can manually renew any time during your term (even up to 30 days past expiration).

Instructions for renewal can be found linked from the Licensing FAQ:

The reason for this (for me) is that there was not any way to update the credit card information. I did want to renew the subscription...

jeffro 09-22-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-Musikk (Post 2382886)
The reason for this (for me) is that there was not any way to update the credit card information. I did want to renew the subscription...

There shouldn't be anything for you to update in your Avid account (the note that the top level of your Avid account just takes you to your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan product where you can click "Renew..." to do that).

Keep in mind that you have an Upgrade Plan with a perpetual license. Need to differentiate that from a Subscription product which includes a temporary license that gets renewed monthly. A Subscription product in an Avid account can store payment info to allow auto-renewal to prevent interruption in licensing.

When you renew an Upgrade Plan through your Avid account you'd enter payment info in the Avid webstore during checkout (after you add options to your cart then click Go To Cart). Please see the steps leading up to that in the Upgrade Plan Renewal KB I linked to previously.