Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   XMON intermittently going offline (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420185)

Will Russell 05-11-2022 12:42 PM

XMON intermittently going offline

Hi.

I'm still using an old blue D-Command and for the 2 months or so my XMON just randomly stops communicating and goes offline. I have cleaned and reseated both end of the cable that connects it to the D-Command, tried different power, reset it by powering up with the mute button held in, reloaded firmware, yet it still just went offline after working fine for weeks.

help? Anyone else run into this problem? Any and all help welcome!

sburrows 05-11-2022 03:22 PM

Re: XMON intermittently going offline

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Russell (Post 2636785)
Hi.

I'm still using an old blue D-Command and for the 2 months or so my XMON just randomly stops communicating and goes offline. I have cleaned and reseated both end of the cable that connects it to the D-Command, tried different power, reset it by powering up with the mute button held in, reloaded firmware, yet it still just went offline after working fine for weeks.

help? Anyone else run into this problem? Any and all help welcome!

Hi will,
I might suspect the powersupply might be going **** up. If your a decent tech you can connect it out of a rack with the cover off and monitor the power supply voltages and see if they are ok….
Question, when you turn it on after being off for a day or 2 does it flicker a few times before settling down? That’s a sure fire sign of a failing power supply..
Cheers

Will Russell 05-11-2022 05:59 PM

I've got a rebuilt power supply on the way from Advanced Musical Electronics in LA. Fingers crossed!

Will Russell 05-13-2022 12:50 PM

Installing the new PS was a piece of cake. Hope this fixes the problem!

BTW- the Advanced Musical Electronics guys were a wealth of good information and really hustled to get this out to me. Highly recommended!
www.advancedmusical.com

Will Russell 05-27-2022 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Russell (Post 2636965)
Installing the new PS was a piece of cake. Hope this fixes the problem!

BTW- the Advanced Musical Electronics guys were a wealth of good information and really hustled to get this out to me. Highly recommended!
www.advancedmusical.com

I'm feeling pretty good about this power supply having resolve my XMON issues!

dr sound 05-28-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by

[url
www.advancedmusical.com[/url]

Advanced is the best! Great people! I have purchased many D-Control Fader and LED Power Supplies from them.