Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Consolidation problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356203)

paybreaker 07-05-2014 04:10 PM

Consolidation problem

Hey.

I have a project with a lot of tracks of different lengths, which I want to consolidate so I can send this project to a studio which works in another DAW for mixing.

I get this message that I can't do this as no record volume is designated when I mark several regions and press this command.

I have of course looked for answers and people have had this coming up whenever the program wants to write new audio files to the drive during recording, consolidation etc.
Either they have had to change "A" in the workspace to recordable (R) or they have been missing a plug in for consolidating in which case they haven't even been able to press that option in the edit drop down menu.

I have double checked several times in the workspace window that the disk is marked "R" as to be recordable so that dosen't seem to be the problem. And I can give the command to consolidate it, it just dosen't comply and gives me the error message.

What seems even more strange to me is that I can consolidate some of the audio files but not others if I try to do it separately. I can consolidate files I've imported and therefore is located in other folders than the project folder but not the ones that are recorded directly to the project.

Therefore I also tried putting all files into a single Audio Files folder, and I also tried it from another drive but nothing seems to work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Nils

Chief Technician 07-05-2014 04:50 PM

Re: Consolidation problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by paybreaker (Post 2169041)
I also tried putting all files into a single Audio Files folder, and I also tried it from another drive but nothing seems to work.

Were you able to consolidate any of the ffiles with either of these configurations?

paybreaker 07-05-2014 05:08 PM

I was able to consolidate the files that I imported to the projects still even when they were in the same folder but I still can't consolidate the files that are recorded in the project. The imported is also .wav so everything is the same format.

paybreaker 07-05-2014 05:10 PM

And i've also tried restarting everthing :P hehe

Chief Technician 07-05-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paybreaker (Post 2169061)
I was able to consolidate the files that I imported to the projects still even when they were in the same folder but I still can't consolidate the files that are recorded in the project.

From the Finder, if you Get Info (Command+I) on one of these files that were recorded into the project and tab open the Sharing & Permissions section, what is listed in the left column for owner (first entry) and group (second entry)? What are the permissions assigned to each of these entries (to the right)? What are the permissions for the Everyone group?

paybreaker 07-05-2014 05:32 PM

I'm running HD10 for PC win7 64bit.

But I can open properties and go under the security tab which I guess corresponds to what you described.

I have full permission to:
"full control, modify, read and execute, read, write" which are the different permissions at hand.

These apply to "Group or user names":
SYSTEM
MY PC
ADMINISTRATORS

And I'm having this computer alone and therefore has only one log on which is the administrator one so I don't think that's the problem either.

Chief Technician 07-05-2014 06:32 PM

I don't do Windows. What happens if you Save Copy In and copy all audio files, then try to consolidate from the session copy? That's the last troubleshooting step I can think of.

paybreaker 07-05-2014 07:17 PM

Ok.

As I tried copying the audio files and project file to new folders both on the same drive and also on another drive that I also set up as recordable I think I must have covered that option.

You don't happen know of any other way to get out the separate audio tracks with the same time parameters in Pro Tools?
Otherwise a last resort would be to bounce the project as many times as there are tracks with all but one track muted each time I guess but it will take a lot of time.

Thanks for trying to help anyway :)
Much appreciated!!

I'm kind of new to Pro tools and working with PC when it comes to audio software. I am more accustomed to Logic on OSX but switched computer a while back so I'm trying to get the hang of it.

Phil Ogden 07-06-2014 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paybreaker (Post 2169092)
You don't happen know of any other way to get out the separate audio tracks with the same time parameters in Pro Tools?
Otherwise a last resort would be to bounce the project as many times as there are tracks with all but one track muted each time I guess but it will take a lot of time.

If you have enough spare voices (unused 'active' tracks) and unused busses, then you could bus and record each track to a new one simultaneously thereby avoiding the need to bounce one at a time.Then simply export the new tracks.

sw rec 07-06-2014 10:14 AM

Highlight all of them and do an alt-shift-3 to consolidate.