Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   keeping mixer view open (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=323606)

aldersyde 06-05-2012 07:21 AM

keeping mixer view open

Is there a way to keep the mixer view on top when I click outside the mixer window?

albee1952 06-05-2012 11:24 AM

Re: keeping mixer view open

On top, no(its a function of the OS) but visible, depends on your screen setup. With 2 screens(I run a pair of 22" LCD's) I would keep the EDIT window on the left and the MIX window on the right screen.

Raoul23 06-05-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1937446)
On top, no(its a function of the OS) but visible, depends on your screen setup. With 2 screens(I run a pair of 22" LCD's) I would keep the EDIT window on the left and the MIX window on the right screen.

+1 on that

bblack1023 06-05-2012 08:48 PM

Just use the shortcut to go between screens. Command+Equals(MacOS) and Control+Equals(Windows)

WernerF 06-05-2012 09:46 PM

Yup, that works great on a 30" screen here. Hard to imagine why you would need to see both views at the same time. Toggling between the two works just fine as the keyboard command takes a mere millisecond to switch between the two views.

nOrakat 07-04-2022 01:35 AM

Nope its terrible. That requires 2 hands - ctrl + '=', when you can just click on the window if it were on top somewhere.. I also like tab in Ableton where it is one button to switch views.

Sardi 07-04-2022 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nOrakat (Post 2641092)
Nope its terrible. That requires 2 hands - ctrl + '=', when you can just click on the window if it were on top somewhere.. I also like tab in Ableton where it is one button to switch views.

You must have VERY small hands or an odd keyboard.

It’s most definitely a one handed shortcut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albee1952 07-07-2022 02:06 PM

Well, 2 screens is my best advice, but a second option is a used Gen 1 Presonus Faderport. It has buttons for MIX and EDIT(labelled "Proj") windows(plus the rest of the features are handy and cool too). Maybe if you describe your complete setup, there may be other options:o

Ben Jenssen 07-07-2022 03:10 PM

After many years of using the dual display setup for seeing both edit and mix windows all the time, I've now found that all PT windows on one screen works better for me. I can switch between edit and mix with a mouse click because I let some of the mix window show at the top and some of the edit window show at the bottom.

I have one 50" tv that I use when standing up in the middle of the room (kinda my sweetspot) using my controllers more than the mouse, and beneath that a 32" that I use when sitting down for more detail for mousing around, editing, setting up stuff. Also it's color calibrated for photo editing.

The reason I have all PT windows on one display is that it's easy to hit 'mission control' (F3), grab the PT icon and drag it to the other display, and all PT windows follow neatly*. I find it much tidier than my old way with dragging separate windows to different displays and manually organizing it.

*'Group application windows' in system prefs, mission control, has to be enabled for this to work.

Of course, this is on mac. I don't know about windows.

nOrakat 09-11-2023 03:36 PM

Its terrible they haven't added this simple option. When having to go back and forth often, you don't want to have to press any keys or click on anything every time.