Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bought 2 of these Stream decks and they are Grrrreat! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409626)

Prabha 03-15-2021 10:40 AM

Re: Bought 2 of these Stream decks and they are Grrrreat!

I just bought two of them for our studios..

But it seems there are big issues with PT under windows and keyboard shortcuts that come from software :mad:

Every other piece of software works like a charm with streamdeck... why AVID why?

jackmackdaddy 05-17-2021 06:23 AM

Any idea if you are able to program buttons to show Pro Tools automation lanes/windows to open in Edit window? (rather than using mouse to open the pedal sustain lane/window for example)

Lynn Gräber 05-17-2021 07:02 AM

Just curious what these offer compared to customized softkeys with Avid Control/Dock.

BScout 05-17-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber (Post 2602247)
Just curious what these offer compared to customized softkeys with Avid Control/Dock.

As many pages of buttons as you want with physical buttons. In addition, it can operate with other non-eucon apps and the operating system. There's muscle memory learned with using it too (since they are physical buttons)

I don't look at it as "one or the other" but "both". Stream Deck + Eucon/Dock.
I have SoundMiner and Izotope RX Advanced programmed to the StreamDeck in addition to pulling up Eucontrol, DADman, and notes (if only to pull them into focus so I can use the Dock softkeys.) Still no app switching in Eucontrol/Dock after all.

kingtone 11-27-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2602303)

I don't look at it as "one or the other" but "both". Stream Deck + Eucon/Dock.
I have SoundMiner and Izotope RX Advanced programmed to the StreamDeck in addition to pulling up Eucontrol, DADman, and notes (if only to pull them into focus so I can use the Dock softkeys.) Still no app switching in Eucontrol/Dock after all.

Are you still loving using the Streamdeck? How well does it work with the DADman stuff? Im thinking about getting one of the new Stream Deck + units with the knobs to fill in for a lonnnnnng back ordered DADMOM controller.

BScout 11-27-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtone (Post 2654281)
Are you still loving using the Streamdeck? How well does it work with the DADman stuff? Im thinking about getting one of the new Stream Deck + units with the knobs to fill in for a lonnnnnng back ordered DADMOM controller.

Still loving the StreamDeck.
I have a StreamDeck + on order to see how it works (won't arrive until first week of Dec.)

DADman integration is great on the StreamDeck thanks to a user here on the DUC (I'll let him volunteer to make himself known if he wishes.) But I don't believe his DADman plugin for StreamDeck is on the public StreamDeck store. But it does everything the DAD MOM controller does (because it emulates it) but better (because you get visual feedback and can name things -- things you can't do on the MOM)

kingtone 11-28-2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2654282)
Still loving the StreamDeck.
I have a StreamDeck + on order to see how it works (won't arrive until first week of Dec.)

DADman integration is great on the StreamDeck thanks to a user here on the DUC (I'll let him volunteer to make himself known if he wishes.) But I don't believe his DADman plugin for StreamDeck is on the public StreamDeck store. But it does everything the DAD MOM controller does (because it emulates it) but better (because you get visual feedback and can name things -- things you can't do on the MOM)

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Good to know.
I ordered the + and once it arrives will dig deeper into the setup.
I agree with the visual feedback component being a major plus... also price... also availability! :D

Zep Dude 01-10-2023 05:49 AM

I'm in! Adding Soundflow + Deck to my S3 and Dock. Just wondering about which deck might be best...

the XL has the most buttons, 32, but wondering if it's too many and gets harder to quickly find the right one on the fly compared to the 15 buttons on the smaller decks. OR two of the 15 button decks?

Also are the decks with knobs useful and do the knobs play nicely with Soundflow / Pro Tools (already have all those knobs on the S3 and Dock so maybe redundant)?

itsjustmeee123 02-03-2023 10:24 PM

I just got the 15 button Stream Deck and it really improves my workflow. Does anyone know of either available icons or profiles specifically for Pro Tools to download?