Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Is there a way to pair Avid Control apps on tablets with Artist Mixes? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416989)

Focuret 09-11-2021 12:32 PM

Is there a way to pair Avid Control apps on tablets with Artist Mixes?

Is there a way to pair the Control app with Artist Mixes like you can with the S1?

And also, can you pair it with the Artist Control?

BScout 09-11-2021 02:53 PM

Re: Is there a way to pair Avid Control apps on tablets with Artist Mixes?

No. Only the S1 units can be paired with the Control app.
No. Can't pair with the Artist Control.

its2loud 09-11-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focuret (Post 2613351)
Is there a way to pair the Control app with Artist Mixes like you can with the S1?

And also, can you pair it with the Artist Control?

By “pairing” do you mean using the Control App in Meter mode like with S1’s or just in conjunction with the Artist Mixes?

In EuControl you can add Artist Mix and Artist Control and Avid Control app to your configuration but if using Artist Mixes you cannot add additional Avid Control app tablets as Meters.

You can use Avid Control Desktop for meters.

As of 2019 you can use Avid Control app in conjunction with an Artist Control surface Not in meters mode

Focuret 09-11-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2613373)
By “pairing” do you mean using the Control App in Meter mode like with S1’s or just in conjunction with the Artist Mixes?

In EuControl you can add Artist Mix and Artist Control to your configuration but if using Artist Mixes you cannot add additional Artist Control tablets as Meters.

You can use Avid Control Desktop for meters.

As of 2019 you can use Avid Control in conjunction with an Artist Control. Not in meters mode

I meant in meter mode like the S1. About Control app with Artist Control, what did you mean? What can I do now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its2loud 09-11-2021 04:51 PM

You can use an Artist Control surface with the Avid Control App. They work in conjunction with one another

Focuret 09-11-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2613379)
You can use an Artist Control surface with the Avid Control App. They work in conjunction with one another

How do they work and how would I set it up? Drag the Control App into the Artist Control in Eucon settings or? I gave my son back his iPad so can’t test it all out at the moment.

its2loud 09-11-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focuret (Post 2613381)
How do they work and how would I set it up? Drag the Control App into the Artist Control in Eucon settings or? I gave my son back his iPad so can’t test it all out at the moment.

They’re both added as separate devices. Avid Control as one. Artist Control surface as the other I believe.

It’s been a few years since I’ve done this configuration.

You can browse the setup guide here

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...es_v2021.6.pdf

And also note this.
Control Touchscreen Assignments (Soft Keys View in the Control App and Artist Control)
The Control app and Artist Control share all Soft Key assignments, so changes to Soft Key assignments for the Control app affect any existing Artist Control Soft Key assignments, and vice-versa. If using these controllers simultaneously, only use the Soft Keys on one or the other; do not switch back and forth between Soft Keys on the Control app and Artist Control.