Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automation" (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=247728)

yeloocevad 06-08-2009 08:03 PM

Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automation"

It would really be ideal if these weren't linked.

Many times, I optimize my template as I'm mixing song to song... and I want to pick up with the last songs settings, but I don't want to import plugin automation... possible? I know that it's hard to say which "setting" is the true setting... but it's still better than things automating when I don't want them to.

zakco 06-08-2009 09:00 PM

Re: Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automatio

YES!

This pisses me off on a daily basis. It's hard to believe this oversight is still there considering all of the detailed options available during ISD.

Now that this thread is here I'm sure they'll get right on it...:-)

Kenny Gioia 06-08-2009 09:24 PM

Re: Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automatio

Can we lose the Mute Automation being linked to Mute and the Volume Automation being linked to Volume too?

It's a real PITA importing tracks and then having to delete everything.

yeloocevad 06-08-2009 10:17 PM

Take it to the streets my brothers!

Peter Duemmler 06-09-2009 04:44 AM

+1000!

Peter

Andre Knecht 06-09-2009 05:52 AM

Yes — to all the above!

Third Eye Studios 06-09-2009 06:19 AM

+1001!!! :confused:

PhilBuckle 06-09-2009 06:23 AM

+1 more than anyone else says........or types.

That used to drive my brother nuts.

Mark Wheaton 06-09-2009 08:49 AM

besides unlinking volume and automation etc, It would be nice if the choice list was sticky and stayed open until you complete your list of choices and then had the ability to save those choices and load saved choices.

Dizzi45Z 06-09-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia (Post 1409022)
Can we lose the Mute Automation being linked to Mute and the Volume Automation being linked to Volume too?

It's a real PITA importing tracks and then having to delete everything.

YESSSSS!!!!! This is the one that really really annoys me.

Please unlink the automation from all settings on the import menus.