Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Nippamuk 06-02-2003 03:46 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

daB- cool tune, mon; the kids were dancing around like little demons. Way to mix'em up!
I'll download all the other recent ones once the hamsters have caught their breath...

Roy Howell 06-02-2003 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nippamuk:
. The backup vox is my own dear mother; the little girl at the end is my daughter when she was 3, just over a year ago.
Perceptions

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What...no Hamster credits on this one?... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm gonna be listening later, because I'm right in the middle of it for a while. A bunch of new ones posted I see... looking forward to hearing em. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

jlee462 06-02-2003 04:22 PM

I wrote, played, sang, and recorded all of this track myself onto a Digi001. This is the first track I have ever written. I now have half an album written and would like to start shopping it later this year.

I was just wanting some opinions, because the only opinions I have are from people who do not actually work on music. I know the mix is bad, but I am more concerned with the level of songwriting (arrangement, vocals, sounds, etc...) I lot of people seem to like it and I want to see if that is representative of what I can expect from people closer to the industry. Any feedback is really appreciated. The link,

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/586/jeremy_lee.html

Thanks,
Jeremy

metaltim 06-02-2003 05:44 PM

Ahhhh number 1998.
let's see, I:
1. got my first car, the day of prom. A 95 maroon nissan 240SX and,
2. I graduated highschool. woohoo cares.

Fortunately I got to go college, Texas aTm, where I am only 5 classes away from my B.S. in Industrial Engineering.

metaltim

Rabidium 06-02-2003 06:10 PM

Hey, DB, you rock the socks off the jocks. Man that track is just awesome. I was listening on my studio cups, and when the 'Ahhhyaaaa' farsi guys came in, I nearly fell out of my chair. That just rules. Can I steal that from you?

Jeremy, I liked your song too, as you probably know, it has a lot of A Perfect Circle/Tool feel in it. If you're shopping it around as a song, you should bring the vocals up more in the mix. I had to listen on headphones to hear the words, and I would rather blast it on speakers. But I think this could easily be marketed, and I could see this version on alt-radio without too many improvements. If I was going to recommend something songwritery, it would be to find some more hooks for your song. When the song was over, I wasn't really left with anything running through my head, a memorable or catchy hook can add a lot of marketability to this kind of dense/dark music. (listen to 'Judith')

And Mr. Pumple, your song is still downloading, but I loved 'i'm on board jack', so I'll probably like it too.
-Olaf

da BaSsTaRd! 06-02-2003 06:19 PM

ok, I'M THE # 2000TH POST!!!! <cue balloons and confetti> [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

da BaSsTaRd! 06-02-2003 06:25 PM

jlee462 - that's hot. i'm totally digging it. send more...

steals 06-02-2003 08:28 PM

jlee462, Nice tune! It could probably use a nice hook to seal the deal, at least that's what a label would want so that they could pimp it out to the masses.

otto 06-02-2003 08:46 PM

hi folks,
I put this link up previously but didn't get any comments in this thread. Would love some opinions on the mixes/songs themselves.

4 songs to check out

cheers,
otto

Roy Howell 06-02-2003 10:03 PM

Nippamuk,
Is your song still up?...can't get it to load...might need to oil the little treadmill.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ..Let me know.