Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User ID" (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369580)

jburik1176 07-07-2015 05:06 PM

Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User ID"

I'm trying to activate a PTHD12 upgrade code and am unable to do so because I can't link my ilok account with my Avid Master Account. Each time I try to link it I get the error message: "Failed to access the User ID. Please try again."

Drew Mazurek 07-07-2015 05:10 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275212)
I'm trying to activate a PTHD12 upgrade code and am unable to do so because I can't link my ilok account with my Avid Master Account. Each time I try to link it I get the error message: "Failed to access the User ID. Please try again."

And the login and password work on iLok.com right?

jburik1176 07-07-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2275214)
And the login and password work on iLok.com right?

Yes. I am able to log in both at ilok.com and by way of the iLok license manager.

Drew Mazurek 07-07-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275216)
Yes. I am able to log in both at ilok.com and by way of the iLok license manager.

Cool. Sounds like Jeffro needs to look into this. Stand by.

ptuser22 07-07-2015 06:19 PM

Linking ilok account to avid Account

I am getting the following error
Failed to access the User ID. Please try again.

I can sign in on ilok.com and the ILM no problem - but can't link my ilok account to my Avid Account. Thus I am unable to register my Pro Tools license.
Not sure why this is so difficult Register this confirm address confirm email .....
lots of steps to even get Pro tools up and running..... :confused:

ptuser22 07-07-2015 06:21 PM

Re: Linking ilok account to avid Account

I also started a registration support case - but got no help back just a generic email to make a post here ....

jeffro 07-07-2015 06:54 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275212)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275216)

This is happening at avid.com/accountilok/DefaultILok?

I see that you updated your case with your iLok account info, and I see that Michael is working on it. I'll check in with him, thanks for your patience.

jeffro 07-07-2015 07:11 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptuser22 (Post 2275243)
I am getting the following error
Failed to access the User ID. Please try again.

I can sign in on ilok.com and the ILM no problem - but can't link my ilok account to my Avid Account. Thus I am unable to register my Pro Tools license.
Not sure why this is so difficult Register this confirm address confirm email .....
lots of steps to even get Pro tools up and running..... :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptuser22 (Post 2275244)
I also started a registration support case - but got no help back just a generic email to make a post here ....

Found your case - there's an auto-reply that's sent to let you know the case got logged and it provides some info. An agent should be handling this soon, though you didn't include your iLok User ID in your description and I couldn't find an account based on your email address. Can you please reply to the email you got and put your iLok User ID at the top of the email? Please include any email address you would have registered your LE software to as well. Thanks!

roberts 07-07-2015 08:41 PM

looks like a problem on Avid's end - nobody can link an ilok account to an Avid account at all. It's not isolated to one user it's happening to everybody.

Drew Mazurek 07-08-2015 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberts (Post 2275261)
looks like a problem on Avid's end - nobody can link an ilok account to an Avid account at all. It's not isolated to one user it's happening to everybody.

I did it no problem. So have many thousands of others.

Gandy 07-08-2015 06:12 AM

I've just activated (half an hour ago) a PT express card and avid linked it with ilok fine with no problems, now I'm trying to activate a full crossgrade card and I'm getting exactly the same issues as here. Submitted a case report to both ilok and avid.

edit

Avid have just emailed me: Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences encountered. We're currently experiencing a server issue and that's the reason why you received that error message.

They also talk about a temporary license so I can work in the meantime.

jburik1176 07-08-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2275247)
This is happening at avid.com/accountilok/DefaultILok?

I see that you updated your case with your iLok account info, and I see that Michael is working on it. I'll check in with him, thanks for your patience.

This is happening at: https://www.avid.com/US/accountilok/DefaultILok

in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari

DuncanRI 09-19-2015 04:54 AM

iLok user ID to Avid Account server issues

Is anybody else finding issues linking iLok User ID to Avid accounts currently?

This means I cannot do the planned purchase and upgrade to PT12 this weekend as I had planned. People cannot check-out and purchase with out an iLok User ID to Avid Account ID link.

It seems (assuming) Avid and iLok's servers are not talking to each other.

Checking Avid account page to the Linked iLok Account section shows as Not Linked. Countless attempts to link the iLok User ID have timed out.

Avid's infrastructure certainly needs a review. I find countless issues and this is another example, no notices available so far.

Anybody else aware of this or are any Avid engineers aware of a planned fix?

Thanks all.

DuncanRI 09-19-2015 04:55 AM

Re: iLok user ID to Avid Account server issues

Was going to post in Tech issues section but I don't have permission to post there.

ArKay99 09-19-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanRI (Post 2295365)
Was going to post in Tech issues section but I don't have permission to post there.

Perhaps a ping to a mod will help?

Southsidemusic 09-19-2015 11:08 AM

Hey Guys

Have tried all kind of tests and there is no issues here atleast.

I have no idea what the OP is actually asking but regarding having a hard time connecting to Ilok servers have been like that for ages so just try again in a few hours and see whats what ;)

JW3 09-19-2015 06:13 PM

I am having the same issue. Cannot purchase PT12 upgrade because the checkout process hangs, then times out, on the connecting to ilok account page.

DuncanRI 09-20-2015 06:14 AM

So this is not an isolated case and its effecting multiple people. It's still occurring today. Avid cannot link to iLok's servers and need to invest in their infrastructure. Avid need to fix it ASAP, this is beyond a joke and is more than frustrating now!

musicman691 09-20-2015 07:34 AM

For those having issues like mentioned here make sure that cookies are enabled for both Avid and iLok accounts. Also make sure no script blockers are getting in the way. If you're behind a firewall try disabling that as well.

And I know this one is simple but make absolutely sure you're using the iLok account name and NOT the serial number of said iLok.

JW3 09-20-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2295619)
For those having issues like mentioned here make sure that cookies are enabled for both Avid and iLok accounts. Also make sure no script blockers are getting in the way. If you're behind a firewall try disabling that as well.

And I know this one is simple but make absolutely sure you're using the iLok account name and NOT the serial number of said iLok.

It's not a cookies issue. It's not an adblock or other extensions issue. It's not a firewall issue.

JW3 09-20-2015 09:22 AM

There's another thread about this also. Some have no problems connecting ilok & avid accounts, others do. No one has posted a solution yet.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369580

musicman691 09-20-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295640)
It's not a cookies issue. It's not an adblock or other extensions issue. It's not a firewall issue.

You might want to try on another computer with different web access then. Thing is I have seen access issues happen with the things I mentioned. That and trying a different browser can sometimes help. Let's put it this way - it wouldn't hurt to try different things.

And face it - sometimes on weekends things go south and there's no one around to fix it.

DigiTechSupt 09-20-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanRI (Post 2295364)
...issues linking iLok User ID to Avid accounts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295530)
I am having the same issue...

Sorry about the trouble. Merged threads and started support cases for both of you. (Users on the existing thread all have PT activated in their accounts.)

Regards,
JC

DuncanRI 09-20-2015 09:57 AM

And using the correct iLok User ID and not serial number. Still errors, upgrade still not possible, looks like a server issue but assuming.

DuncanRI 09-20-2015 09:58 AM

Great thanks Tech Support! Look forward to your update.

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:01 AM

session expired... same here... cannot upgrade

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:02 AM

tried safari, firevox, ipad, disabled little snitch etc...to no avail

JW3 09-20-2015 05:18 PM

It seems the issue has to do (in my case) with Mac OS X 10.8.5 (& IOS on iDevices) blocking iFrames completely (in both Safari 6.2.8 & Firefox 40.0.3).

I figured out a RIDICULOUS workaround. Major emphasis on the word RIDICULOUS.

In Safari preferences, I unchecked "block pop-up windows" on the Security tab. I then moved to Privacy tab & selected "Never" next to "Block cookies and other website data."

I then opened a new window & signed in to my ilok account on ilok.com. I left that open in the background.

I then reloaded a new Avid page to link my Avid account to ilok & typed in my ilok ID. At this point the iFrame window still locked up.

I then right-clicked inside the frame & selected "load frame in new window" (possibly paraphrased, doing this from memory). THEN the correct page opened asking permission to link Avid account to ilok account.

Once permission was granted, the following page going back to Avid did not load. So I went back to Avid.com & reloaded my account page one more time & the accounts are linked.

NOTE: I had to make my computer completely vulnerable to jump through these hoops.

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:44 PM

jw3 !!! that worked :) you're da man !!! thank you sire!!

JW3 09-20-2015 11:48 PM

Glad I could help!

SeviCraft 09-21-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295738)
It seems the issue has to do (in my case) with Mac OS X 10.8.5 (& IOS on iDevices) blocking iFrames completely (in both Safari 6.2.8 & Firefox 40.0.3).

I figured out a RIDICULOUS workaround. Major emphasis on the word RIDICULOUS. samsung galaxy j5 tasche

In Safari preferences, I unchecked "block pop-up windows" on the Security tab. I then moved to Privacy tab & selected "Never" next to "Block cookies and other website data."

I then opened a new window & signed in to my ilok account on ilok.com. I left that open in the background.

I then reloaded a new Avid page to link my Avid account to ilok & typed in my ilok ID. At this point the iFrame window still locked up.

I then right-clicked inside the frame & selected "load frame in new window" (possibly paraphrased, doing this from memory). THEN the correct page opened asking permission to link Avid account to ilok account.

Once permission was granted, the following page going back to Avid did not load. So I went back to Avid.com & reloaded my account page one more time & the accounts are linked.

NOTE: I had to make my computer completely vulnerable to jump through these hoops.

thanks a lot for you help, i look for it for a long time

musicman691 09-21-2015 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295738)

I figured out a RIDICULOUS workaround. Major emphasis on the word RIDICULOUS.

Glad you got it sorted and it's pretty darn close to what I was talking about - something was blocking the connection and as it turns out it wasn't third party but the browser settings itself. And again trying different browsers will sometimes help because unfortunately not all websites work across all browsers and if a browser has as frequent updates as Firefox that's another wrench in the works.