Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User ID" (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369580)

JW3 09-20-2015 09:22 AM

Re: iLok user ID to Avid Account server issues

There's another thread about this also. Some have no problems connecting ilok & avid accounts, others do. No one has posted a solution yet.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369580

musicman691 09-20-2015 09:29 AM

Re: iLok user ID to Avid Account server issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295640)
It's not a cookies issue. It's not an adblock or other extensions issue. It's not a firewall issue.

You might want to try on another computer with different web access then. Thing is I have seen access issues happen with the things I mentioned. That and trying a different browser can sometimes help. Let's put it this way - it wouldn't hurt to try different things.

And face it - sometimes on weekends things go south and there's no one around to fix it.

DigiTechSupt 09-20-2015 09:51 AM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanRI (Post 2295364)
...issues linking iLok User ID to Avid accounts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW3 (Post 2295530)
I am having the same issue...

Sorry about the trouble. Merged threads and started support cases for both of you. (Users on the existing thread all have PT activated in their accounts.)

Regards,
JC

DuncanRI 09-20-2015 09:57 AM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I

And using the correct iLok User ID and not serial number. Still errors, upgrade still not possible, looks like a server issue but assuming.

DuncanRI 09-20-2015 09:58 AM

Great thanks Tech Support! Look forward to your update.

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:01 AM

session expired... same here... cannot upgrade

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:02 AM

tried safari, firevox, ipad, disabled little snitch etc...to no avail

JW3 09-20-2015 05:18 PM

It seems the issue has to do (in my case) with Mac OS X 10.8.5 (& IOS on iDevices) blocking iFrames completely (in both Safari 6.2.8 & Firefox 40.0.3).

I figured out a RIDICULOUS workaround. Major emphasis on the word RIDICULOUS.

In Safari preferences, I unchecked "block pop-up windows" on the Security tab. I then moved to Privacy tab & selected "Never" next to "Block cookies and other website data."

I then opened a new window & signed in to my ilok account on ilok.com. I left that open in the background.

I then reloaded a new Avid page to link my Avid account to ilok & typed in my ilok ID. At this point the iFrame window still locked up.

I then right-clicked inside the frame & selected "load frame in new window" (possibly paraphrased, doing this from memory). THEN the correct page opened asking permission to link Avid account to ilok account.

Once permission was granted, the following page going back to Avid did not load. So I went back to Avid.com & reloaded my account page one more time & the accounts are linked.

NOTE: I had to make my computer completely vulnerable to jump through these hoops.

Dirk Reinking 09-20-2015 10:44 PM

jw3 !!! that worked :) you're da man !!! thank you sire!!

JW3 09-20-2015 11:48 PM

Glad I could help!