Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

coltraneHL 09-28-2002 11:17 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Frank - I listened to the track "It's Your Attitude" and I can't help but think that it's a not-so-good attempt at the song "Smooth" by Santana. The vocals sound very bland and monotonous...I hate to sound so negative, but you did leave a link to check it out.

Captain_Pants 09-28-2002 11:58 PM

Frank, I just checked out a couple of your songs.
They take me back to the 80's man. Thats great. My favorite time period.

I especially liked "Here Tonite"

What type of synths do you use?
Keep up the good work!

Also enjoyed "My last day" and the instrument rush that happens towards the middle/end.
=-CP.

Roy Howell 09-29-2002 12:10 AM

Hi FrankLP,
Thanks for posting some of your stuff for us. I liked 'Now I Know What Love Is' and 'Green Land' the most of what I heard. I thought you did a good job on the productions. Keep on creating, and post back anytime.

Thanks, Roy

FrankLP 09-29-2002 07:02 AM

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback.
coltraneHL : hey no worries man. Any kind of reaction/comment is welcome! Honestly wasn't goin' for the Santana thing, but I can see how the percussion and lead-in can draw that conclusion. FYI - that started as an experiment, and was my first recording done with Pro Tools.
Captain_Pants: yeah I spent all of the 80's traveling and doing a Vegas-type variety gig. "Here Tonight" was cooked with those ingredients, so it does have that flavor. Most of what you hear on that track is Proteus stuff with a Mirage sample for the solo.
Roy: thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate the fact that you took a listen and took the time to comment. Thanks again.

skip b 09-29-2002 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FrankLP:
Hey guys, it's taken me a while, but here's a link to a few of my recent creations.

Let me know what you think.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just listened to "ONE RED ROSE" brought me back to the days of Christopher Cross and Neal Young very nicely done man.

FrankLP 09-29-2002 01:16 PM

skip b: Thanks man. FYI - that's Matt Wallace (from Maynard Ferguson's band) playing sax on that track...not sure if he ever jammed with C. Cross or Neil Young! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Thanks for listenin'

steals 09-29-2002 11:45 PM

pedrohead, sweet mixes. You've got a good ear.

Jopry 09-30-2002 08:44 AM

J Old School - Which Way Blues: I lov ethe sound of the acoustic guitar and the banjo. nicely blended. Harmonica, nice sound...I find it hard to not get a very harsh sound with a harmonica, so nicely done. Are the vocals doubled or is that a delay?

Pedrohead - song 3: great intro and a nice mix! I find the whole song to be very Cure-ish sounding (which is a good thing to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

JiveBrown - Deliver Me: I really like this one! It sounds sort of Peter Gabriel-ish ... inspirational and uplifting sound. I could hear everything sitting nicely in the mix. You get a nice vocal sound. I also listened to Going, Going, Gone and Sweetwater, both of which I thought had a great mix. I like the roto on the guitars in sweetwater, as well as the mix of male and female vocals. Were you playing on these recordings? pretty kick butt (especially for live)

BigRedButton 10-05-2002 07:19 PM

For all you David Bowie Fans...

I've posted a version of Bowie's "A Space Oddity" that I recorded a few years ago. It's on the MP3 section of my website - HERE

It was recorded on Cubase at my old guitarist's studio.

I've also posted the Version of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" I recorded last year (featuring DUC member Murph16 on keys).

And of course there are bunch of tunes from my latest project and solo CD, as well as "Burn Down", the track that was used for Peter & Roy's DUC Shootout.

Give em' a spin and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Burnzone 10-05-2002 09:39 PM

Hi all,
Here's my first full effort on 001. Comments certainly appreciated...

www.mp3.com/ivan_pla

The song, well there's only one there, but it's called "I Wanna Be Your Man"