Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   MTRX Studio Dadman profiles (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420597)

Reckless Erik 06-15-2022 04:36 AM

MTRX Studio Dadman profiles

hi All,
I had to replace an MTRX Studio unit and I need to restore my monitor/matrix settings from the old .dms and .dmprof files. Keep getting the error window telling me I need to find the old unit. Anyone here help me out with a way round this?

creativecontrol 06-15-2022 06:36 AM

Re: MTRX Studio Dadman profiles

Greetings,

With the existing shipping version you can File > Open Profile > then hit cancel when you get an error and open Setting > Monitor Profile and choose your unit in the pop-up from serial number. Then tick enable monitor. Save profile as done.

In the current beta version -> File > Import Profile, done.

Jeff

Reckless Erik 06-15-2022 06:42 AM

Thanks Jeff. And will that include the matrix routing settings too?

creativecontrol 06-15-2022 06:44 AM

Sadly, no. The .dms settings are not yet sharable, importable - that is without a hex editor. We are still hoping for this functionality in the future.

best,

Jeff

Reckless Erik 06-15-2022 02:47 PM

That's pretty lame from Dadman. It also looks like I have to recal the monitor playback levels as all the line out level settings have gone too.Thankfully the EQ settings are intact. Argh.:mad:

Reckless Erik 06-20-2022 08:14 AM

Jeff. Is it possible to send you the .dms file so you can pull out the DA mixer level output info?

creativecontrol 06-20-2022 05:43 PM

Sorry. I would love to help, however I don't have a reasonable way to extract the parameters you are looking for from your .dms settings file either. You are simply looking to recall the attenuation level of the faders in the DA section of the DADman app?

best,

Jeff

Reckless Erik 06-21-2022 04:11 AM

That's correct Jeff.

Reckless Erik 06-21-2022 07:42 AM

Ok Jeff. Tried a little experiment. Open the .dms file I wanted to use in a hex editor. Changed the serial number bytes to match that of the new MTRX unit. Opened the altered file in Dadman and hey presto there were the output levels. I opened the .dms file using Dadman on the old Mac Pro trashcan running Catalina (it had to be connected to the network), took a screen shot of the window and copied the settings into the new Mac Studio. Sounds more convoluted than it is. Success!

basehead617 06-21-2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckless Erik (Post 2639975)
Ok Jeff. Tried a little experiment. Open the .dms file I wanted to use in a hex editor. Changed the serial number bytes to match that of the new MTRX unit. Opened the altered file in Dadman and hey presto there were the output levels. I opened the .dms file using Dadman on the old Mac Pro trashcan running Catalina (it had to be connected to the network), took a screen shot of the window and copied the settings into the new Mac Studio. Sounds more convoluted than it is. Success!

Frankly ridiculous that this works!

Also there’s no reason these files can’t be xml or something human readable/changeable (cue annoying Jan response)