Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

chucknkd 04-08-2002 11:22 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

deep pit,
thanks for the kind words. she is definately an amazing singer. as soon as i have finished versions of "little things" and "thinkin" ill put them up.
thanks again,
chucknkd

Roy Howell 04-08-2002 11:45 PM

deep pitt,
Very kind of you. I really do appreciate it.

Roy Howell 04-08-2002 11:54 PM

pk,
'Telegraphic Memory' is an excercise in taste and restraint. Very nice... They should hire you to show what can be done with Reason (seriously). I don't know if I'de change anything. Sounds like mind candy to me... Good job. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

deep pitt 04-09-2002 12:21 AM

Chucknkd

I just got a chance to listen to your stuff. I agree with Roy that the hard left guitar keeps the song chuggin' along. Just don't listen to it while driving, or you may drift into oncoming traffic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
The vocalist sets up a big mystery in my mind as to why some are famous and others are not. She sounds like she has all the "stage presence" of any other professional.

But for sheer "ear candy" that makes me listen deeper and smile, my vote goes to "thinkin". That one, more than the others left me hurtin' for more when it faded.

Good work!

PITT

soundsurfr 04-09-2002 07:52 AM

pk_hat -

What a great piece! I love moody pieces like that. It's going into my permanent collection.

"Reason" users come up with some really cool stuff. It's clear that I need to put a few hundred together and get that program.

pk_hat 04-09-2002 10:32 AM

thank you for the positive comments, very appreciated. Reason is a great tool, but if there's one thing I can suggest to future owners is to tweak it and put some of your own personality into it, otherwise it ends up 'sounding like Reason' - a term which was loosely mentioned a while back and I didn't make much of it, but sadly this is true,

Reason does have "a sound of it's own" and once you've played with it enough, your ears start detecting certain loops and sounds when played elsewhere (tv, Cds, etc.) In order to avoid that, you must tweak knobs, double up on your synths, and try to avoid loading the presets (as they are) too often.

Thanks again for the kind words y'all...

pk

threshar 04-12-2002 06:06 AM

here's a little ditty I whipped up last night http://www.jefftrout.com/jeff_trout-...ot_a_camel.mp3
still have some mistakes and things that need to change, but I still like it.
recording info:
mex strat -> zoom multi fx pedal -> marshall (insert model number here) amp -> sm57 -> 001

korg n5-> 001

kubicki exFactor -> crate bx2115 -> 001

alesis sr16 -> 001

simple enough. Not too many plugins. mostly just eq and comp.

Gr0und_Zer0 04-12-2002 08:23 AM

One of the guys that recorded in my studio has put some mp3's online, so all you guys that want to hear what I produce with the Digi001, click the following links:

Why Worship

Death/thrashmetal kinda song

Solar Metal

Traditional heavy metal with some death metal ingredients.

Towards Extinction

Metal!

The band is called Solarisis.

Gr0und_Zer0 04-12-2002 08:30 AM

Hm.

Must say the mp3s sound a bit slurpy. Oh well...

Gr0und_Zer0 04-13-2002 01:43 AM

No critisism? I find that hard to believe... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]