Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Output shuts down when I bring up an older Pro Tools session from 6.9 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417913)

jellsworth 11-22-2021 11:29 AM

Output shuts down when I bring up an older Pro Tools session from 6.9

I'm simply trying to pull up an Pro Tools session from when I had Pro Tools 6.9. There's a little bit of "normal" hiss I hear in my speaksers. When it loads I can hear the speakers and the output shutting off. All of the file wav audio is there and it simply and it's playing but I can't hear it. I got my Focusrite 18i20 selected as my playback engine. I go into my I/O settings. I got in delete all of my paths in the input, output, bus and insert tabs. Use the default option and it still won't play. If I make a new session with the exact same set up for audio it will play. I could import the audio into that session but the files aren't consolidated and I'm still working with them at this point. I shouldn't have to do that. I don't know why it would turn the output off like that when it loads that old session. I Youtubed and googled and looked for 2 days now and can't find what might be causing that. Other more current sessions work and play just fine.

Ben Jenssen 11-22-2021 11:42 AM

Re: Output shuts down when I bring up an older Pro Tools session from 6.9

Hi, welcome.
You have of course made shure the output settings of tracks and master are set correctly?
What if you try to route a track to a aux? Does it register on the aux meter?

Also look here, and go thru recommendations on optimizations, troubleshooting and providing system info:

Help Us Help You

jellsworth 11-22-2021 12:04 PM

I do have all of the tracks and master set correctly. I ended trying something. I exported the tracks into a new session and selected them all. For some some that worked. Still wish I knew why opening that old session shut down the output audio path but I guess I found a work around.

albee1952 11-30-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellsworth (Post 2620082)
I do have all of the tracks and master set correctly. I ended trying something. I exported the tracks into a new session and selected them all. For some some that worked. Still wish I knew why opening that old session shut down the output audio path but I guess I found a work around.

Glad you found a way around the issue. There is one thing to look for, the next time you open an old session with this problem; open Setup>IO and select the Bus tab. Look down the list for any duplicate paths. I had a short time where I somehow had a bus with the same name as my normal main outputs. Some tracks were assigned to this bus, so things LOOKED correct, but didn't actually work:o

JFreak 11-30-2021 09:56 AM

Whenever you have I/O issues the first thing I would do is hitting default on every single tab on I/O setup. Then reroute and try again. If it still does not work, importing session data usually saves the day.

Top Jimmy 11-30-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2620730)
Whenever you have I/O issues the first thing I would do is hitting default on every single tab on I/O setup. Then reroute and try again. If it still does not work, importing session data usually saves the day.

I’ve had the odd session or two where I had to delete all the paths before hitting the default button to clear up whatever issue I was trying to address.