Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New Air Musical Instruments your favorite? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419561)

koka 04-10-2022 10:17 AM

New Air Musical Instruments your favorite?

Hi

As you can sea Air Musical Instruments released 6 new VIs

What is your favourite ? If any?

Tube synth :-)

Benoni 04-10-2022 12:37 PM

Re: New Air Musical Instruments your favorite?

Haven't used any yet. But it's nice to see that since the acquisition by InMusic, AIR is releasing some new stuff.

Phil O'Keefe 04-10-2022 05:37 PM

I haven't tried the new ones yet, but the one that interests me the most is probably the Odyssey.

glasswing 04-14-2022 04:29 PM

I need the Air DB33 (for old sessions) and I'm wondering if it's (First Air Inst's Bundle) compatible with Monterey and Apple Silicon before I download and install

thin ice 04-20-2022 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasswing (Post 2633196)
I need the Air DB33 (for old sessions) and I'm wondering if it's (First Air Inst's Bundle) compatible with Monterey and Apple Silicon before I download and install

This works for me with PT 2021.12 on OS 12.3 Monterey. You should find it is your downloads. It was already working before the Avid Complete bundle was updated.

glasswing 04-20-2022 07:25 AM

Thanks! All I needed to hear!!!

DonaldM 04-22-2022 09:22 PM

I'll much more attention to AIR when they decide to actually provide updates and upgrades to the may products most of us already have, especially the AIE Instrument pack. Transfuser, Structure, Strike, haven't seen a serious upgrade for, what, 3 years now? They have a basketful of suggestions from dozens if not hundreds of users for improvements, enhancements, needed features.,etc, and nothing buy crickets as far as I can tell.

Its great they have all these new products, but where the support for the users they already have? Its been disappointing. Structure could have been THE premier sample VI editor, creator, etc. Instead they left it alone all these years even though some simple improvements could have skyrocketed it to the top of the heap. Never happened. Things like providing a "duplicate layer" option when you import samples to a layers. Sometimes you want to double or triple up. Takes many moves to pull it off and all of them cumbersome. In Falcon its just a point and click and its done. Simple feature, great results. The request for that has been made to AIR by many Structure users, myself included. The standard line was "Thanks for your suggestion, our team is looking into it." Apparently not.

I've almost stopped using all AIR products except Hybrid, which is very unique in sound, and sometimes Xpand 2 which has many unique sounds and allows me to get a new idea up and running quickly without a whole lot of fuss. Strike...no more. Transfuser, not for months, Vacuum Pro...not for 2 years. They are all good products AT THE TIME...but many newer VI's have passed them by.

So no thanks, AIR, I'm not investing in anything new with you until you show you care about your users.

Stephen Bond 04-22-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2633870)
I'll much more attention to AIR when they decide to actually provide updates and upgrades to the may products most of us already have, especially the AIE Instrument pack. Transfuser, Structure, Strike, haven't seen a serious upgrade for, what, 3 years now? They have a basketful of suggestions from dozens if not hundreds of users for improvements, enhancements, needed features.,etc, and nothing buy crickets as far as I can tell.

Strange they didn't think to get an upgrade option for existing users announced with the new products? I'm not in a rush to try them with current pricing!

Quote:

Its great they have all these new products, but where the support for the users they already have? Its been disappointing. Structure could have been THE premier sample VI editor, creator, etc. Instead they left it alone all these years even though some simple improvements could have skyrocketed it to the top of the heap. Never happened. Things like providing a "duplicate layer" option when you import samples to a layers. Sometimes you want to double or triple up. Takes many moves to pull it off and all of them cumbersome. In Falcon its just a point and click and its done. Simple feature, great results. The request for that has been made to AIR by many Structure users, myself included. The standard line was "Thanks for your suggestion, our team is looking into it." Apparently not.

Agreed, it seemed like scant/no support for years and it looked like the products were going to die off. However, they have now upgraded everything to work with Big Sur and the M1 so it is clear they are looking forward.

Quote:

I've almost stopped using all AIR products except Hybrid, which is very unique in sound, and sometimes Xpand 2 which has many unique sounds and allows me to get a new idea up and running quickly without a whole lot of fuss. Strike...no more. Transfuser, not for months, Vacuum Pro...not for 2 years. They are all good products AT THE TIME...but many newer VI's have passed them by.

I'm not using Velvet much now and the Vacuum synths either but I still find myself using Strike all the time and Structure for certain sounds, even thought the interface for the later is particularly clunky. I am sure they once thought the minimoog was surpassed and dated but it seems to have never really died.

Quote:

So no thanks, AIR, I'm not investing in anything new with you until you show you care about your users.

As I said, pricing is high at the moment (as it generally is for all manufacturer's new products) and lack of upgrade options a little insulting to us long standing users.

Also, the products are scant on good sales patter. I need to hear the sounds (individually), not in some rave up electronica track especially for something like the Solina. Give me something a bit more classic for this instrument and the others, please!

Stephen

Southsidemusic 04-23-2022 07:13 AM

It is kinda funny how all their ” new ” VI sounds old and outdated! Thats a feat in itself though! The Hype VI sounds really off to me and their other offerings isn’t for us at all so can’t say if the solina is good or not for example. There is soo much VI on the market it is oversaturated so if anyone makes a ” new ” synth it really has to stand out IMHO of course :-)

smurfyou 04-23-2022 02:07 PM

Some say these are not actually new instruments but existing ones ported from the Akai MPC software. FWIW