Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Shortcut to Select Next/Previous Track (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=305141)

headsup 07-30-2011 01:15 PM

Shortcut to Select Next/Previous Track

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to map a keyboard shortcut to move between tracks?

ie. Next Track & Previous Track similar to the buttons on Axiom Pro only with a Keyboard?

Thanks

H.

filosofem 07-30-2011 02:15 PM

Re: Shortcut to Select Next/Previous Track

Off the top of my head, I believe not. Axiom Pro does this function very well. Ummm... Track Numbers might be a suitable workaround.

formfunction 07-30-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsup (Post 1820482)
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to map a keyboard shortcut to move between tracks?

ie. Next Track & Previous Track similar to the buttons on Axiom Pro only with a Keyboard?

Thanks

H.

Dont have an Axiom.. but to scroll between tracks the (p) and (;) keys get you up and down in the edit window... and selects track groups.
and previous selection ( opt-cmmd-z) will get you back to a track so long as you have only done one selection on the current track. ff

filosofem 07-30-2011 04:11 PM

Move Edit Selection Up and Down - Keyboard Shortcut P and ; is that the Edit Selection is selected in a track and that Link Track and Edit Selection is enabled. Not always practical.

cneal92 07-30-2011 05:32 PM

I often use the Scroll to Track shortcut Cmd-Opt-F (mac), which opens a dialog and you can enter the track number. This works well in combination with the Link Track and Edit Selection enabled. You can then also use the P and ; as previously mentioned to move the selection around. Al

headsup 12-11-2011 05:20 AM

Thanks Chris, this worked. Now that I have the Axiom Pro its all built-in, dream come true!!

filosofem 12-11-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsup (Post 1876776)
Now that I have the Axiom Pro its all built-in, dream come true!!

Ain't it. :cool:

the hecksome 02-21-2012 11:36 AM

Command Option F is a good one, thanks for that. Is there a shortcut that allows you to select the track that the cursor is already on? I use p l ; ' for moving the cursor frequently, but once I discovered that the track has to be selected to use the new playlist shortcut, command \ I realize I need a select track shortcut too...

the hecksome 02-21-2012 01:23 PM

Ok, duh, so just click on link track and edit selection at the top of the edit window.

Success!