Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=48130)

thinktankaudio 08-27-2002 12:23 AM

New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!!

So, I'm rocking the new dual G4 1gig (mirrored face) Mac now, which is replacing my B&W G3 400. I love the newfound speed obviously, but I keep hanging on startup in OS 9.2. It loads extensions all the way up to the infamous Digi System Init, and then....hangs. yippee.

I've set my extentions to OS 9.2 base and tried countless combos of adding the needed extentions back in. I've even added ONLY the Digi System Init on top of the OS 9.2 base and it is still hanging.

I've even tried moving the card around and taking out all other cards except the 001 and AGP video card but no dice.

To make matters even worse (or more confusing, i'm not sure which anymore) sometimes the machine will boot all the way, and then after a restart or shutdown, will hang on the next bootup (with no changes made to the extentions manager.)

So after I gouged out my own eyes from frustration I am having a friend type this post into the duc, in the hopes that either 1. there is a solution I am missing and somebody here can enlighten a poor blind soul, or 2. someone else is having this problem, thereby making me feel better simply because there is another out there suffering too. I know, I feel awful for even thinking it but misery loves company.

Please Help if you can.

ryan

kris whitten 08-27-2002 12:47 AM

Re: New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!!

I say you may have a corrupt digi init file...

I say reinstall ptle, or just reinstall that driver...

BTW I'm totally guessing so don't hold me to anything.

I've never had this problem.

did you search under Digi init file in the search? I know this has come up before...

Another thing, try renaming the file, but don't change the name just put a "space" in front of the name. I think this will make it load last.. Someone help me out here [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

hornedrum 08-27-2002 01:12 AM

hi, me too.

If you fnd a cure, email it to me and post it here PLEASE!
I am gonna try disabling the 2nd processor/
Having it enabled on my dual 800 was fine, but maybe this one's different.

dkrausz 08-27-2002 01:15 AM

Try moving the multi processor extension out of the system folder to some other location (anywhere but the system folder). Then do a restart.

BTW, what version of PTLE?

dk

dkrausz 08-27-2002 01:16 AM

Beat me by 2 minutes... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

hornedrum 08-27-2002 02:08 AM

Yes, 2 mins is a lifetime when these things are holding you back! heheh.
BUT....It worked (so far), I disabled multiprocessing, and I am not listening back to my mixes. Gonna go for the 32 track beta now, and see how I fair.
btw, I go a bomb wen trying to add a space before the digi init to mae it load up last, so don't try that!

hornedrum 08-27-2002 06:56 AM

OK, a new twist:

Everything was running fine, including the 32 track beta with old dae, I tried a few plugs and it handled REALLY well. but then I booted nto X.2, an retrieved mail, worked for an hour or so, and tried booting back into 9.2.2.
NADA!
Hung on startup when trying to load the digi init.
Digidesign, I think we need a new init, for Jaguar users (new powermac users), cos this ones seems to get corrupted easily on a dual booting system!
Help.....

thinktankaudio 08-27-2002 08:54 AM

hey guys,
Disabling the second processor is a good idea. I'm at work right now so I will try it tonight. If that doesn't work, then I'll try reinstalling.

Hey Digi, maybe yall could weigh in on this little topic. Although you guys probably are just testing your stuff with the new Mac systems. Any sort of reply from someone offical always does wonders for the fragile psyches around here though. thanks

ryan

telemetrist 08-28-2002 05:53 AM

Same thing on the 867 the machine won't even boot up now, tried no extensions boots ok,take the digi oo1 card out boots ok with extensions on very strange stuff also i'm getting a strange clicking from the audio outs any one else?

Jerac 08-28-2002 08:06 AM

I have the same issue on my new Dual 867. Though I haven't even gotten it running to know if I'm getting clicks on my outputs...

How about it, Digi? Some love? A patch? A hug?

I suppose an OS X native version is out of the question....?

-Jerac