Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   S1 “key” commands not working (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417766)

andybhoy 11-12-2021 01:54 AM

S1 “key” commands not working

Hi all,

I’ve just set up an S1 and Dock (previously had S3 and had same problem).

I can’t get any key commands to work (Control, Shift, Command etc). No matter what button I try to set “key” commands to, they don’t work. Eucon commands work fine.

They did work on my S3 until latest firmware.

Just sold S3 and put in an S1 and Dock, updated software and firmware and still can’t get these to work. They save to the button but don’t function.

The tick box “hold” is also greyed out.

Any ideas? Is this a bug with new update? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks very much,

Frank Kruse 11-12-2021 03:41 AM

Re: S1 “key” commands not working

Those are broken in 21.10

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2618434&postcount=8

The fix announced for this week hasn't come through yet I think.

andybhoy 11-12-2021 04:01 AM

Ahh thanks very much.

Didn’t see that post.

EddieJones 11-14-2021 07:58 AM

We have it fixed, going to release this week hopfully.

andybhoy 11-22-2021 08:29 AM

Just downloaded and installed the latest update but soft keys are still not working.

Wondering if this bug is ongoing or I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks!
A

EddieJones 11-22-2021 07:47 PM

Can you clarify which commands. We fixed them but because of the new OSX API we are using, the whole system is faster. You may need to add a pause (/a) after a command if its in a chain.

andybhoy 11-23-2021 12:28 AM

Thx mate.

Just the soft keys Shift, Command, CTRl, Alt. They save in Eucon config but don’t do anything.

Eucon functions work fine (Mixer, Grid Snap on / off, punch in / out etc.)

EddieJones 11-23-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybhoy (Post 2620126)
Thx mate.

Just the soft keys Shift, Command, CTRl, Alt. They save in Eucon config but don’t do anything.

Eucon functions work fine (Mixer, Grid Snap on / off, punch in / out etc.)

We are testing them here and they do work. What OSX version are you on?

andybhoy 11-25-2021 01:37 AM

I’m still just on High Sierra 10.13.2. Couple vids (just in case I’m doing it wrong if you guys have it working!)

Finder softkeys not work and devices found
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yivpbuhc2...%2047.mov?dl=0

Cubase (soft keys no worky, Eucon OK)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/la75m70jci...%2044.mov?dl=0

andybhoy 12-02-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2620159)
We are testing them here and they do work. What OSX version are you on?

Hiya mate. Just wondering if any update on this? Is it something I’m doing wrong, or still a bug? Didn’t realise how much I use the soft keys till they’re not working!

Thanks so much mate,
Andy

EddieJones 12-02-2021 09:49 PM

We checked this on S1 and its working here. I think it could be High Sierra. Apple changed things recently that caused us to have to use a different method for keyboard commands....I suspect its not supported in the older OSX's

globaleric 12-03-2021 01:29 AM

Just noticed this thread, so for the record:

I'm on Mojave 10.4.6 , and those 4 "modifier" keys on the left of the S1 do not work here neither.

Not that I would dearly miss that particular feature: My Apple Magic keyboard is placed just in Front of the S1, so I'm reaching those modifier keys quicker on the keyboard anyway. Also, from my old Digi 002 I'm already somewhat used to the fact that not all available buttons on Digidesign/Avid control surfaces are working. :-) :-) :-) (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Nevertheless - Mojave is still supported with the latest PT release, so it would be cool if the same would apply to Eucon as well.

andybhoy 12-03-2021 01:41 AM

Aw man. I’m the opposite - my fingers just reach for the command keys by themselves - dead handy for copy pasting or zoom in out n stuff.

To upgrade or not upgrade. That is the question! Risk plugs etc failing :confused:

EddieJones 12-03-2021 11:22 AM

The Modifier keys can be confusing. There are two types, EUCON and Keyboard injection.

The EUCON ones get sent directly to the DAW, but the DAW has to support that. These ones support holding the key down.

Then there are the keyboard shortcut modifiers, these are to use with a keyboard shortcut/macro only, they do not hold down.

EddieJones 12-03-2021 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
x

andybhoy 12-04-2021 12:33 AM

Thx Eddie.

The most infuriating part in all this, is all I did is upgrade the software! It was working perfectly before that!

In my Eucon config there is a softkeys section. This used to hold down. So, this has been removed from the latest build?

Is there some way for me to actually get in touch with tech support? I’ve send requests but have had no reply. I’m now out my returns period for the S1 and Dock, but they’re not working correctly or I’d have sent them back.

As you’re right - this is all very confusing. Not sure why a working function, no longer works.

EddieJones 12-04-2021 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andybhoy (Post 2621335)
Thx Eddie.

The most infuriating part in all this, is all I did is upgrade the software! It was working perfectly before that!

In my Eucon config there is a softkeys section. This used to hold down. So, this has been removed from the latest build?

Is there some way for me to actually get in touch with tech support? I’ve send requests but have had no reply. I’m now out my returns period for the S1 and Dock, but they’re not working correctly or I’d have sent them back.

As you’re right - this is all very confusing. Not sure why a working function, no longer works.

I'm the Product Manager/Designer for EUCON so you wont find better support :-)

Are these the commands you refer to? Can you tell me which version they work in and which OSX version....did you update OSX at all? Is this with Cubase did you update that(what version)

andybhoy 12-13-2021 04:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2621364)
I'm the Product Manager/Designer for EUCON so you wont find better support :-)

Are these the commands you refer to? Can you tell me which version they work in and which OSX version....did you update OSX at all? Is this with Cubase did you update that(what version)

Hi Eddie, apologies for the delay - I’ve been Ill. Thx v much for your help and patience!

It’s not actually commands - it’s just the soft keys - “key” as in Shift, Control etc. (as per images.)

The only thing I upgraded was the Eucon drivers. They previously worked fine until I upgraded. Version 10.5 Cubase.

EddieJones 12-14-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybhoy (Post 2622356)
Hi Eddie, apologies for the delay - I’ve been Ill. Thx v much for your help and patience!

It’s not actually commands - it’s just the soft keys - “key” as in Shift, Control etc. (as per images.)

The only thing I upgraded was the Eucon drivers. They previously worked fine until I upgraded. Version 10.5 Cubase.

Thanks for clarifying...I'll check out

EddieJones 12-14-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybhoy (Post 2622356)

Are you sure this ever worked? Its the EUCON commands that should, there's are meant for modifying key commands and need other keys in the sequence.

andybhoy 12-15-2021 12:31 AM

Hmm. Yeah I’m positive. (Though I am doubting myself now…).

When I loaded up config to see why they weren’t working - thought maybe with the update they’d been wiped - all the soft keys were still saved, so I’m sure that’s what I was using pre update.

I rarely used Eucon commands. Oh I had a punch in and out, snap to grid, open mixer as eucon functions. But yeah, just used soft keys for control etc.

You said earlier Eucon commands can’t hold? Has this always been the case? As I used to hold soft key “control” to cut and paste, zoom etc.

EddieJones 12-15-2021 08:47 AM

The EUCON Modifiers can hold...its the Keyboard ones that can't(hence they don't work on their own)

andybhoy 12-22-2021 03:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2622671)
The EUCON Modifiers can hold...its the Keyboard ones that can't(hence they don't work on their own)

Hi Eddie, I’ve had another look in here. I can’t see “control” “shift” etc anywhere in Eucon control. As per photo? Now that soft keys don’t work, is this where I should be setting these keys now?

Really need to get these working please! Probably the keys I used most!

Thx mate.

EddieJones 12-22-2021 08:17 AM

This list of EUCON commands comes from Cubase. I'm not aware that they removed them but this is a Steinberg issue not Avid. Can you post on their forum and let me know what they say?

andybhoy 12-22-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2623366)
This list of EUCON commands comes from Cubase. I'm not aware that they removed them but this is a Steinberg issue not Avid. Can you post on their forum and let me know what they say?

I’m not sure steinberg have a command for just the “control” key but I’ll ask. Weird how it happened right after I uploaded the avid Eucon software. I haven’t touched Cubase.

They also don’t work in Mac OS anymore. I used to be able to hold shift and select multiple files within a folder for example, but can’t anymore - since updating Eucon to latest version. I don’t think Apple or steinberg will provide much help tbh, especially since it only happened after updating Eucon via the Avid site.

andybhoy 12-22-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2623366)

This post - users seem to be having the same issues, but within PT.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...ight=Soft+keys

I’m to try the old drivers as advised within the thread, but leads me to believe it’s not a Steinberg bug.