Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Strike stuck in kit mode (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=253919)

digijohn 09-07-2009 03:41 PM

Strike stuck in kit mode

Greetings.

I have a session that sounded great the last time I played it, but today when I opened it, Strike was stuck in kit mode. Instead of playing the grooves I had setup, it only plays a single hit, and triggering from the MIDI keyboard does the same thing. I tried opening up a new session and assigning a new Strike track, and it works fine there, so I'm wondering if I'm just missing something.

BTW - I *can* get a groove by playing the virtual keyboard in Strike by mouse clicking the note, but it won't playback when triggered via MIDI.

Thanks for any help.

Pro Tools 8.0.1
Mac Pro "Nehalem" 8-core 2.26 GHz
8 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.5.8

amolin 09-07-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Strike stuck in kit mode

It's because your instrument track sends to the wrong midi channel. I had the same problem once.

I'm not at my pro tools rig right now, and I can't remember, on top of my head, precisely how to change it...

musicalavtech 09-07-2009 06:08 PM

Assign midi tracks to Strike channel one (groove/loop mode). Channel 2 is kit mode.

rhythmator 09-08-2009 12:07 AM

I am having the same exact problem that you are having with Strike. I read the strike manual and I understand the difference between 'kit' and 'style' mode, but I still can't get my MIDI events in my Strike instrument track to trigger patterns. Each event that would normally trigger a pattern, now triggers a single drum sound. It worked fine yesterday. What are the exact steps to solve this problem?

danander11 09-08-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmator (Post 1455024)
I am having the same exact problem that you are having with Strike. I read the strike manual and I understand the difference between 'kit' and 'style' mode, but I still can't get my MIDI events in my Strike instrument track to trigger patterns. Each event that would normally trigger a pattern, now triggers a single drum sound. It worked fine yesterday. What are the exact steps to solve this problem?

Amolin and Music both answered... Strike was reassigned to channel 2, you need to revert it back to channel 1 to get it to play patterns.

There is a picture showing track features on page 157 of the reference manual. Look for the midi input and output assignments at the top and make sur that they are set correctly.

Peace!

rhythmator 09-08-2009 07:18 AM

Thanks very much for your help. As it turns out, I had the I/O view turned off on my 'instrument' tracks, thereby not showing the MIDI input and output channels. Once I turned on the I/O view in my instrument tracks, I saw that the 'output' was set to the wrong channel. It works now. Thanks for your help.

Farmer Dave 06-28-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1455083)
Amolin and Music both answered... Strike was reassigned to channel 2, you need to revert it back to channel 1 to get it to play patterns.

There is a picture showing track features on page 157 of the reference manual. Look for the midi input and output assignments at the top and make sur that they are set correctly.

Peace!

Every once in a while searching the DUC turns up exactly the answer I need! :D

Thanks guys!