Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Can't see changes while editing Comments in Edit window on Windows OS [PT-228098] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420449)

Skwaidu 01-18-2022 10:35 AM

Can't see changes while editing Comments in Edit window on Windows OS [PT-228098]

Comments field in the Edit Window is not showing text while you type, only after pressing Enter. Typing comments via the track name dialog works fine.

Now if Avid only fixed the Windows UI, removed all the Vista/XP style borders, updated the File dialogs and got rid of the MDI/parent-child windowing design to allow us to freely move the Edit and Mix on multiple screens... (What if the Win top menu was permanently in the Edit Window, as a stopgap workaround?)

VijayP 01-19-2022 01:15 AM

Re: Pro Tools compatibility with Windows 11

Thank you Skwaidu ! This is exactly what I was looking for. Let me try this out.

Rgds
Vijay

abc1mce2 01-30-2022 10:08 PM

Re: Pro Tools compatibility with Windows 11

I've had that Comment Field bug for over a year now. To think of it, it might have started in 2019 or 2020 though I don't remember what version of 2020 the bug appeared.

Was never a big concern of mine as long as PT worked. I'm using macOS now so I don't have that little annoyance anymore.

take77 07-17-2022 08:46 PM

Unable to enter comments in Edit view (2022.6)

Just discovered that I can't enter or edit the comments boxes when in the Edit window view on 2022.6.

When I switch to the Mix view however, I am able to click in the comment box and enter my comment.
But then the shortcut to go back to Edit view (Ctrl+ =) doesn't respond and I have to return by closing the mix view with the mouse.

I should add the session was created in a previous version. I'll test it in a new session.

zoff 07-18-2022 01:20 AM

Re: Unable to enter comments in Edit view (2022.6)

Quote:

Originally Posted by take77 (Post 2642267)
Just discovered that I can't open or edit the comments boxes when in the Edit window view on 2022.6.

When I switch to the Mix view however, I am able to double click the comment box and enter my comment.
But then the shortcut to go back to Edit view (Ctrl+ =) doesn't respond and I have to return by closing the mix view with the mouse.

I should add the session was created in a previous version. I'll test it in a new session.

Its possible that (Ctrl+ =) doesn't respond because you are still in comment edit mode. The cursor still flashing in the comment field. Hit the ENTER or RETURN key.

take77 07-18-2022 02:43 AM

Thanks that was the issue when trying to get back to the Edit window.

Anyone else unable to enter a comment when in Edit view?

albee1952 07-18-2022 03:18 PM

I can confirm the same here.

take77 07-18-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2642318)
I can confirm the same here.

Thanks for the confirmation.
I'll test one of my newly created sessions also.

Update: Able to repro in a new session and will create a case.

Switching from MIX view to Edit via the shortcut works as it should.

Thanks zoff

sleepingtiger 07-18-2022 07:24 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly, this has been around for a while. In my experience, a comment can actually be entered, it just doesn't look that way. When the cursor disappears into the comment field try typing in a few characters and then hit enter. If it's the same behavior I see the comment will show after enter is pressed.

I don't remember if I had a specific case but I mentioned it to support a few years ago.

take77 07-18-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingtiger (Post 2642345)
If I'm understanding you correctly, this has been around for a while. In my experience, a comment can actually be entered, it just doesn't look that way. When the cursor disappears into the comment field try typing in a few characters and then hit enter. If it's the same behavior I see the comment will show after enter is pressed.

I don't remember if I had a specific case but I mentioned it to support a few years ago.

That is indeed the case. I was able to type and then see the comment after hitting Enter. Although editing/deleting the comment wasn't as easy.
That also explains why the switch to Mix view shortcut wasn't responding until I hit Enter. I was unknowingly in the comment box.

I'll create a ticket for good measure and have no problem using mix view to enter or edit comments for now.

Thank you sleepingtiger