Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Protools 7.1 with 7.3 iLoc (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=183964)

Dog BBQ 12-10-2006 06:41 AM

Protools 7.1 with 7.3 iLoc

I was wondering before upgrading will I still be able to run Protools 7.1 or any other version below 7.3

with the New authorization on my iLoc for Protools 7.3, having to surrender our old 7.1 authorization???

Thanks!!!!!

Stig Eliassen 12-10-2006 11:23 AM

Re: Protools 7.1 with 7.3 iLoc

Only 7.2 licenses must be surrendered so they become a bundle. Your 7.x license is safe.

Howardk 12-10-2006 02:53 PM

Surrender our 7.2 license? Really? This is a first as far as I know. I have always installed new versions of ProTools on a separate hard drive first, and done a lot of testing before making it my production version. So far I have never been able to switch to a new version right away because of problems with Plugins, virtual instruments or bugs within ProTools. How can Digidesign expect us to take a leap of faith to a new version? are we to ignore history and common sense? This is not video game software, some of us actually make a living with these tools. Surrendering a license is simply ridiculous. I hope you are mistaken or I misunderstand.

2fly 12-10-2006 03:02 PM

I've just seen the following in another post.

From the 7.3 upgrade page:

Quote:

Important information about your iLok licenses for Pro Tools HD 7.3 software

Upgrading from Pro Tools HD 7.2? When you purchase a Pro Tools HD 7.3 software upgrade from Pro Tools HD 7.2, your current iLok licenses for Pro Tools HD 7.2 software will automatically be replaced with new bundled licenses for both Pro Tools HD 7.2 and Pro Tools HD 7.3 software when you visit iLok.com to authorize your software upgrade. This enables you to continue using Pro Tools HD 7.2 software (should you need to) while enjoying the benefits of Pro Tools HD 7.3 software. Each authorization consists of a primary bundled license and a backup bundled license for your safety. Any unused Pro Tools HD 7.2 software licenses in your iLok.com account (ones you haven’t yet downloaded to an iLok) will automatically be replaced with new licenses as well.
Upgrading from an older version of Pro Tools HD? When you purchase a Pro Tools HD 7.3 software upgrade from any version prior to Pro Tools HD 7.2 software, you will receive a new software license for Pro Tools HD 7.3 software through your iLok.com account. Your previous license will remain intact.

Stig Eliassen 12-10-2006 05:19 PM

No, you're right. It's not video game software, and that's why you surrender your 7.2 license into a new 7.2/7.3 bundle license.