Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   DigiLink I/O License Not Found (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406164)

NoiseRoom 09-01-2019 12:51 PM

DigiLink I/O License Not Found

I just upgraded to PT 2019 from HD 11. I was hoping to be able to use my HD Omni interface with the new version but in my layback engine "HD Native" is greyed out with a "DigiLink I/O License Not Found" message.

Any way to use my HD Omni?

Thank you

JFreak 09-01-2019 12:58 PM

Re: DigiLink I/O License Not Found

I'm not so sure if the DigiLink license should be included in the upgrade, but my license bundle has that license included. Sounds strange as they made that change of policy after PT11 and you are upgrading to current version so I would just ASSUME that upgrade would also need to give you that license.

Contact Avid Support and if they say you need to buy the license it luckily doesn't cost a fortune.

This is all they say about the license on avid.com and to be honest I haven't given it much thought since I've had that license available...

BScout 09-01-2019 12:58 PM

If you had a working HD system with 11HD, contact Avid. They should give you the Digilink I/O license for free into your account.

(I'm assuming you went to PT 2019 Ultimate -- HD Omni/HD Native will not run with regular PT 2019)

NoiseRoom 09-03-2019 06:15 PM

Thanks for your replies.

I did contact Support but haven't heard back yet.

Here are a few more details in case anyone has additional suggestions.

I wanted to upgrade my PT 11 HD but I accidentally purchased the "vanilla" version. I noticed that and then purchased PT Ultimate. After noticing that I need a DigiLink I/O License, purchased that too.

But I still get the "DigiLink I/O License Not Found" even though I see it in my iLok.

Hopefully Support will contact me soon and get this straightened out.

Thanks

jeffro 09-03-2019 08:02 PM

Couldn't find your account info or the case (based on your DUC email). Do you have a case #? The upgrade from Pro Tools HD 11 to current Pro Tools Ultimate should provide a license bundle that includes the DigiLink license. but having the latter along with a new Pro Tools Ultimate should allow you to run 12.6/higher on HD hardware. We'll work with you to get this all squared away once we find your case...

NoiseRoom 09-03-2019 08:06 PM

Thanks!

Case number is ----

jeffro 09-03-2019 08:11 PM

Thanks for the case #. Will follow up there so please look for a case notice email.

NoiseRoom 09-05-2019 07:55 PM

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm back up and running. It turns out I ordered the wrong products. jeffro reset my account and got me what I needed.

:-)