Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 06-11-2003 12:00 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

Originally posted by badperson:
I wasn't able to hear archtop. Where on the page is the link?

the "smooth guitar" thing didn't come up for me.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Me too...I want to hear it, archtop...point me to the sound... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

archtop 06-11-2003 12:19 AM

See I'm also a dork [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
'twas the way I had it set up (needed to put in the .mp3 at end) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
and
Thank you

archtop 06-11-2003 12:23 AM

Told ya [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
how 'bout here

Gene Backlin 06-11-2003 03:34 AM

Thanks Roy,

A small note to all the latest posts that I have heard. What you guys do with loops is truly inspiring !

Take Care,
Gene

soundsurfr 06-11-2003 07:21 AM

Gene,

Nice song - good choice of sounds. You're arrangements are gettting better and better.

Badperson - I like the vocals - very distinctive. Also, I like the style of the guitar solo on "Waving Goodbye". Very cool.

Da BassTard - Your latest one is great. You have a knack for this electronica thing.

badperson 06-11-2003 08:56 AM

you guys are all very supportive of my singing, lol!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll probably get a little better, but I hope to have a real singer cut them at some point.

Also, roy, did your feedback about the time refer to vocals or playing?

I'm still growing in terms of capturing the energy of a live performance on tape. That's the biggest challenge for me, especially in terms of playing natuarally to a click, that kind of thing.

Thanks for the feedback.

bp

jlee462 06-11-2003 11:22 AM

Sorry I didn't respond to all of the feedback concerning the first track I posted. I was out of town. Thanks for the input on the track. It definitely needs some drum changes which I have a drummer working on now. That was the first track I ever wrote.

Da Bastard, Here you go. Check out my next one, intentional and let me know what you guys think.

The synth in the beginning needs to be changed b/c it sounds a little eighties, so keep that in mind. I wrote, sang, recorded, mixed, produced, blah, blah, blah....I did everything in this track. It is my second track. Let me know what you think.

http://www.mp3.com/Jeremy_Lee

Thanks,
Jeremy

metaltim 06-11-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by badperson:
metaltim,

did you play everything yourself? The playing is nice.

What's your vox chain, and I'm assuming your using a pod?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">correcto, i have a POD PRO, straight into the 001 for the most part, although I doubled the rhythm with direct and my NTK on my marshall..
do you think the rhythm is too lound, or maybe the bass..??)

my vox are NTK to a DBX ProVocal, on which i have a bit of compression, some reverb and some eq. Don't remember the settings, i set it when i got and used that setting ever since. I just add or take away reverb for different songs.
after provocal it goes to 001.

and oh yeh, it's all me..
drums take time, but it's worth it, it's all keyboard though, if you were wonderin.. (okay it doesn't sound that real.. but Im getting better)

tim

8mmOverdose 06-11-2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Backlin:
I'm sorry for not responding to some of the music being posted here, but where I work they have stepped up the firewall and mp3.com, iuma.com and most others that stream is now being blocked ! I can't even stream movie trailers !

Take Care,
Gene

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">man that just 'aint right. the office where my guitarist works is cracking down on internet use as well. how dare they! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] nice little song gene. my girlfriend would love a 15 or 20 minute version of that to use for massage. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

8mmOverdose 06-11-2003 04:40 PM

jeremy, i gave your song a listen and i think you could boost the highs a bit. but i am listening on cheapo speakers soooo. . . anyway, good work, keep it up.