Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Issue with Latency w/ iZotope plugins!? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423338)

ReynaldoPena 01-29-2023 10:14 PM

Issue with Latency w/ iZotope plugins!?

is there ANYBODY that has gotten around this issue?w Everything works well on RX connect but I can't add anything in my mixer other than NeoVerb, Ozone, Nectar and Neutron. The minute I try to add the surgical ones (De-Noise, De-Hum, De-Crackle etc), Pro Tools goes back to 2001.

Darryl Ramm 01-30-2023 12:11 AM

Re: Issue with Latency w/ iZotope plugins!?

..other than Ozone...

Lets pause there and wonder why you are using Ozone and talking about latency. Ozone is a high latency mastering suite. You should not be using it where latency is an issue.

You want to give some clue what "go back to 2001" means? Clearly describe you doing with what. Are you using the Hybrid Engine? Are you talking about monitoring latency or latencies seemingly not corrected by delay compensation? Where are these plugins inserted (master bus?) Is plugin delay compensation enabled?

What latency are you seeing in samples (ideally measured to a sample or so accuracy) and at what sample rate. You should be able to work out how to use Pro Tools to measure any latency you are experiencing. And say what HW buffer size are you running at (for any native plugins). What additional latency do you expect from the plugin/plugin chains you are using... (from observing the latency compensation values displayed in Pro Tools and/or from the plugin documentation.). Often accurate measurements of latency will give a clue to what is going wrong. Including effects from the HW buffers, inappropriate plugins, or possibly stuff related to know bugs in Pro Tools latency compensation (esp. suspect if you see delays of 1k, 2k, 4k samples).

Sardi 01-30-2023 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynaldoPena (Post 2660301)
is there ANYBODY that has gotten around this issue?w Everything works well on RX connect but I can't add anything in my mixer other than NeoVerb, Ozone, Nectar and Neutron. The minute I try to add the surgical ones (De-Noise, De-Hum, De-Crackle etc), Pro Tools goes back to 2001.

Why are you using restoration plugins in a tracking session? I’m assuming it’s a tracking session as you’re complaining about latency.

Those plugins have extremely high latency. It has nothing to do with Pro Tools. I can break PT’s delay compensation with a few of those plugins running in series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albee1952 01-30-2023 08:49 AM

Here's one solution: insert and dial up the settings you need for any given track, then copy those settings and bring up the audiosuite version of the same plugin, paste the settings, render it and remove the inserted version:o